I Am A Vegetarian Again

Ger

Forum Devotee
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Hi, my name is Ger. I became a member of this forum, earlier this year, back in May. When I first joined up, I was flexitarian because, although I was mostly vegan, I ate eggs and fish at the time, from time to time. I ate fish back then because I wanted to make sure that my body got enough vitamin B 12 and because I wanted to stave off my anemia. I've got to say, though, that my conscience really started to bother me a little later on when I did eat fish, usually tuna. Anyway, I don't eat fish anymore and I hope to give up eating eggs later on this year too.

I decided to write what I wrote in this post because, as a former vegan, I do not want to use my anemia and vitamin B 12 deficiency as an excuse for my back-sliding. In short, I do NOT wish to mislead anyone. When I was a vegan, I felt really, really good about it. I want sooo much to get that feeling back again.

Last edited:
Welcome back.
Thanks for the update.
Now get back to posting good animal videos.
:)?

Reactions: Ger
welcome back @Ger

It has been a journey for most of us, no one has been perfect or is perfect!

Do the best you can as quickly as you can.

Emma JC

Reactions: Ger
Darn consciences! One day I was eating an egg and the thought came into my head "every egg I eat is one day of captivity for a chicken." My conscience totally ruined eggs for me. I just ordered some of that "black salt" that is supposed to make tofu scramble taste more like eggs. Tofu scramble will be my first time cooking tofu.

I just ordered some of that "black salt" that is supposed to make tofu scramble taste more like eggs. Tofu scramble will be my first time cooking tofu.

I used to make a tofu scramble every Sunday. I never used black salt. IMHO, the important things are nutritional yeast, salt, turmeric, and garlic powder. Mushroom, onions, and green peppers were my favorite add-ins. You can also make double the recipe and put the leftovers in a burrito for Monday's lunch.

Reactions: TofuRobot and Dizzy
Reactions: Lou
Darn consciences! One day I was eating an egg and the thought came into my head "every egg I eat is one day of captivity for a chicken." My conscience totally ruined eggs for me. I just ordered some of that "black salt" that is supposed to make tofu scramble taste more like eggs. Tofu scramble will be my first time cooking tofu.

add the black salt when the scramble is almost done, if you add it at the beginning its effects dissipate

Emma JC

Reactions: TofuRobot and Lou
Kala Namak Himalayan salt is the type I have.

Emma JC

Oh? I thought someone said that it was different than Himalayan salt. Hmm. and isn't Himalayan salt pink? Or does salt now come in a variety of colors and mountains?

Thanks. I had no idea it was so complicated.

Oh, look. Italy has sea salt, Hawaii has black lava salt.

What about Canadian Rocky Mountain Salt? That must be the best.

• Haha
Reactions: Emma JC
Oddly Kala Namak is a dark purple colour when you buy it in chunks, but when you grind it it goes to a pink powder. I buy it as Kala Namak and that way I don't accidentally get more Himialayan pink salt because I have a lot of that in the cupboard already.

I LOVE scrambled tofu! And I only just made it for the first time last weekend. It was so good!!

I'll dig up the recipe when I get back home, but basically it's black salt, pepper, garlic, turmeric, & nooch