Health Issues Hygiene

Dallastx40

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
This may classify under vegan hygeine category more safely...is there a more appropriate category for these kinds of questions to go to other than this??? Please let me know.šŸ˜‰
My question is...as a vegan, how often is everyone showering...you see, I have bad estrogen from playing around when I was younger and now my estrogen is dry and weak and it's causing my bones to hurt and my skin to be parched and dry, cracked heels, scaly elbows and forearms...so i do enjoy showering regularly with handmade soaps and water, but am finding this to be a little too hard on my skin and bones...how often do y'all shower as vegans??? Every other day, once a week, rinse everyday but don't wash every day...what have most of you found keeps you fresh and moist as vegans? Thanks for your help....

Carlos

I'm confused about the estrogen :shrug:
I shower about 5 days out of 7, with a real loofah scrub once a week.
Do you exfoliate? Maybe go easy on the soap-I never use soap on my face and that's done wonders, just oils or gentle scrub with sugar
Do you use any kind of oils after showering?

I slept around with alot of people and became dirty...lol is that more helpful...lolmen get into this sort of trouble from time to time...at least I did!
Thank you for your insight...it's valuable! šŸ˜‰

Hello Lou! šŸ˜ Thank you for that bit of information, but no, I don't have high estrogen...I have low estrogen...which means anything from dry mouth to cracked foot heels...dry elbows and knees..dry scalp...dry hair...pain in my bones...stiff muscles...that sort of thing.šŸ˜‰ I'm becoming vegan to improve my estrogen and get it clean so I can feel and live a healthier lifestyle.

Does your diet include nuts and seeds, or avocado? A Tblspoon ground flax is a very good supplement for omega 3's - I add it to cooked whole grains or smoothies.
Coconut oil, cocoa butter, or shea are all great for after a shower- ethically sourced!

Reactions: Lou
One of the nice things about being vegan is that you don't have to deal with the sort of odors that omnivores and vegetarians do as part of their routine which is a result of the putrid rotting animal products that makes it's way out of their pores*. Yes, dairy consuming vegetarians too. If you've ever smelled rotten milk and noticed that smell coming out of your armpits that is in fact what it is. I used to consume huge amounts of dairy as an 80's kid when the government was pushing "milk - it does a body good" in schools and on the stupid-vision (corporate television) and didn't put 2 and 2 together until later. Milk makes a body stink.

Not saying there are no dangers for vegans, though. *Garlic and onions will cause people to smell a bit funky.

For bidet users, a shower occurs in that area every time they use the bathroom.

I'm vegan and a bidet user so I do a full body shower as needed - like when I sweat or get dirty working outside. Otherwise, it's nice but not necessary.

One of the nice things about being vegan is that you don't have to deal with the sort of odors that omnivores and vegetarians do as part of their routine which is a result of the putrid rotting animal products that makes it's way out of their pores*. Yes, dairy consuming vegetarians too.

Body odour is caused by bacteria that thrives in moist part of the body ex. armpits. It has nothing to do with meat and dairy. However, eating pungent and spicy foods such as curry and garlic can make one's body smell as the latter create sulfur like compounds.

I have noticed that people who eat a lot of curry and garlic have un unpleasant smell. :relieved:

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
Body odour is caused by bacteria that thrives in moist part of the body ex. armpits. It has nothing to do with meat and dairy. However, eating pungent and spicy foods such as curry and garlic can make one's body smell as the latter create sulfur like compounds.

I have noticed that people who eat a lot of curry and garlic have un unpleasant smell. :relieved:

Sorry, I disagree, and I know this from experience. I know the rotten dairy smell, and I know I had a problem with it coming out of me when I was a kid that drank a lot of milk. Especially when I sweated. Lot more flu/mucus in those days too. Dairy is one of the most mucus forming foods on earth. Meat is not fully digested and yes, the portion that is not rots in the colon. That rotten stink eventually makes it's way out of various orifices as well. I noticed a distinct improvement (or I should say lack-of) body odor going vegan. That said, certain vegan foods like onions and garlic can produce body odor smell. Also lack of greens in the diet.

There is a video on this by Dr. Gregor, but I'm sure you can search that out. I really like this video instead. It's by a (now) former vegan, but even though he has lost his way, back in the day some of his videos were awesome:

Abstract said:
Results of repeated measures analysis of variance showed that the odor of donors when on the nonmeat diet was judged as significantly more attractive, more pleasant, and less intense. This suggests that red meat consumption has a negative impact on perceived body odor hedonicity.

Anecdotal evidence for this has been around for a long time.

I remember hearing a long time ago that people in Asia (specifically: Japan) consider the smell of Western people unpleasant, mainly due to their higher consumption of meat and dairy.

• Agree
Reactions: Nekodaiden
Lol! Yes. I live in Japan and there is and old Japanese expression ā€œbataa kusaiā€ which means ā€œsmelling unpleasantly of butterā€.
It can mean how a person actually smells or a negative remark on something ā€œforeign lookingā€.
Itā€™s hardly used at all nowadays but comes from the days when foreigners were first seen in Japan.
In those days even wealthy people rarely ate animal products of any kind except for occasionally fish and fish products.

• Informative
Reactions: Deleted member 3018