Human Trafficking-3 Woman Kept As Slaves in London

Definitely. So now they are saying the women weren't trafficked into the UK but were kept as slaves with "invisible handcuffs" that kept them under control. Lambeth 'Slavery' Suspects Were Arrested In 1970s, Scotland Yard Says

It probably seems like morbid curiosity but I am interested in where this took place as I used to live in Lambeth, in fact I left the borough 30 years ago, so it is chilling to think that the women were kept prisoners from the early 1980's.

Lets do some detective work Molls. You can find virtually any information on the net.

From googling it, it looks like noone knows where the house is.
http://www.brixtonblog.com/women-rescued-from-30-years-of-slavery-in-a-lambeth-house/18316 at the bottom it says "Do you know where the house is?" and has a phone number + http://www.london24.com/news/crime/..._slaves_lived_in_his_brixton_street_1_3028713

I tried a local newspaper website as these tend to say more details but found nothing.

Apparently they wont say why they were arrested in the 70s to protect their anonyminity. this would explain why they somehow have kept the street name secret (wouldnt it be cordoned off and the house easy to spot??). I am also interested why they got out on bail, wondering what the hell is going on that the press dont know about.

Im not very au fait with the legal system. Ive never heard of someone's anonyminity being kept in a situation like this before though? They seem to announce names of arrested people immediately usually. Makes you think.

From googling it, it looks like noone knows where the house is.
http://www.brixtonblog.com/women-rescued-from-30-years-of-slavery-in-a-lambeth-house/18316 at the bottom it says "Do you know where the house is?" and has a phone number + http://www.london24.com/news/crime/..._slaves_lived_in_his_brixton_street_1_3028713

I tried a local newspaper website as these tend to say more details but found nothing.

Apparently they wont say why they were arrested in the 70s to protect their anonyminity. this would explain why they somehow have kept the street name secret (wouldnt it be cordoned off and the house easy to spot??). I am also interested why they got out on bail, wondering what the hell is going on that the press dont know about.

Im not very au fait with the legal system. Ive never heard of someone's anonyminity being kept in a situation like this before though? They seem to announce names of arrested people immediately usually. Makes you think.

This is most unusual for the British police not to give out this kind of information.

The first article says that the slavekeepers aren't British citizens.

It seems strange to me that they would get out on bail--wouldn't they just flee to their country of birth? Maybe the authorities take their passports, though.

This is most unusual for the British police not to give out this kind of information.

Indeed!

Originaly I would have guessed that the couple arrested were from an Arabic or African culture.

I'm switching that guess to the couple coming, more likely, from a cultural background like that of Malaysia or Singapore.

Reason for that being whatever they have hit upon here clearly does not fit the standard slavery model.

A house with no less than three slaves being in a mess suggests a distinct lack of hard labour and forced servitude being in play. That the household has been described as 'having the appearance of a normal family' is another apparent irregularity.

[URL='http://uk.news.yahoo.com/fresh-details-london-slavery-probe-135706638.html#80v7Qas']Fresh Details In London 'Slavery' Probe - Yahoo News UK[/URL]

BBC News - Police reveal slavery case details

I just heard on the news the couple who were arrested came to the UK from India and Tanzania in the 1960's and the police are going door to door for information based around Peckford Place. The people met through a "shared political ideology" apparently.

(If that is the right address it wasn't that close to where I lived, well it was about 5 minutes drive away.)

Last edited:
I think there were lots of Indians living and working in east and South Africa in the previous century. (That is, in previous British colonies.) Gandhi was a lawyer in South Africa for a while. All Indians in Uganda were expelled by Idi Amin at one point, which obviously caused a lot of problems. I wonder if some of them ended up in Britain.

Last edited:
I wonder if maybe the reason why the couple was released is because the prosecution thinks they have a really difficult case which they may well lose. The women may not be in a state where they will be able to give evidence in a court room. Or they may not even be willing to do so. And how can you prove there were "invisible handcuffs"?

I think that one gauge to a persons confidence in their own logic may be in how often they finish off their sentences with question marks?

Well, some people are actually interested in asking questions, rather than just making pronouncements. I suspect that's why God created the question mark.

21th century...
human trafficking, wars, epidemics, will humanity survive or we will kill ourselves?

What???? What's wrong with people??? I can't believe that this is happening in our country and in our time, given the level of development of technology and culture, it all had to be exterminated. I am so sorry for these poor women, and I hope they will recover from what happened one day. A few years ago, a friend of mine almost got into a similar situation, thank God two men were there and helped her leave. Even after this, it was difficult for her to recover, she could not walk the streets alone for a very long time, even during the day. Fortunately, there are organizations that fight against this and provide assistance to victims, she was helped by human trafficking volunteer, these guys took care of her and returned her to her usual way of life.

Last edited: