Human Trafficking-3 Woman Kept As Slaves in London

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
another-police-generic-pic-1-522x293.jpg

'Two people have been arrested as part of an investigation into slavery and domestic servitude at a house in London sparked by a report on Sky News.'

http://news.sky.com/story/1171815/women-were-kept-as-slaves-for-over-30-years

I'm very glad that the women were freed. I wish I could say I found these news stories shocking anymore.:(

Being a slave for 30 years in a civilised country like the UK and furthermore in London, is unheard of.

Oh I agree on that, the years spent as a slave is absolutely shocking. I think it must go on behind closed doors over here without people realising.

Apparently even the police were shocked. Awful, I'm glad theyre free and hope they use this to find anyone else. Well done on the charity that helped them too.

Quite worringly the nature of slavery is benign to benificent in some cultures.

Effectively food and board for life which would be an enviable position in places where the alternatives are worse.

About the human equivalent of adopting rescue animals.

That would only make benign to benificent ownership of humans wrong in exactly the same way that benign to beneficent ownership of animals is wrong though.

That way being that whenever a door is held open for the most benign and beneficent then that same door is also open to the malign and malicious.

I think I know someone who is in the position of effectively being a slave who is treated beneficently.

It's a very weird feeling ..

One half feels like investigating and exposing.

The other half is extremely wary that doing so may have far worse consequences than leaving things alone would.

Quite worringly the nature of slavery is benign to benificent in some cultures.

Effectively food and board for life which would be an enviable position in places where the alternatives are worse.

About the human equivalent of adopting rescue animals.

That would only make benign to benificent ownership of humans wrong in exactly the same way that benign to beneficent ownership of animals is wrong though.

That way being that whenever a door is held open for the most benign and beneficent then that same door is also open to the malign and malicious.

I wouldn't compare human slavery to adopting rescue animals. Slavery involves profit for the slaveholder and taking care of rescue animals is very unprofitable I can assure you! I think breeding or keeping animals to take their fur, feathers, skins, flesh, young etc... to sell for money could be compared to human slavery though.

They're probably royals or something.

Very obviously 'believers' that some are born to **** upon others and some are born to be shitted upon, at the very least.

Royalty (not neccesarily from our own homegrown "I picked a better fanny to be born from than you did .." crew, mind) is a strong possibility.

That these guys are fully fledged omnis though, that's a billion percent guaranteed.

Last edited:
I wouldn't compare human slavery to adopting rescue animals. Slavery involves profit for the slaveholder and taking care of rescue animals is very unprofitable I can assure you! I think breeding or keeping animals to take their fur, feathers, skins, flesh, young etc... to sell for money could be compared to human slavery though.

Tsk, tsk. It's about time that everyone realized that Clueless Git's logic is impeccable.

Mod Post:

This is not the debate forum, please keep your discussion on the original topic, and keep debate about companion animals in the thread that already exists in the debate forum. Any further off-topic debate, or starting of debates in inappropriate forums/threads will be deleted.

Please continue to post on the original topic.

Reactions: Pirate
Tsk, tsk. It's about time that everyone realized that Clueless Git's logic is impeccable.

I think that one gauge to a persons confidence in their own logic may be in how often they finish off their sentences with question marks?

In other news ...

The pair concerned have been released on bail but details as to why I've not found anywhere.

I think that one gauge to a persons confidence in their own logic may be in how often they finish off their sentences with question marks?

In other news ...

The pair concerned have been released on bail but details as to why I've not found anywhere.

Why, Clueless Git, I sense that you don't like me. I should post that in the What are you happy about today thread.

Apparently the women were beaten by the couple. The house was in an appalling state which makes me wonder why they needed 3 'slaves' to care for them.
Furthermore there are no details to why they have been released on bail and the police are stating that the investigation is going to be a long one. They were also arrested in the 70's, however I do not know the reason why.

I think there is more to this case than meets the eye, believe me!

I think there is more to this case than meets the eye, believe me!

Definitely. So now they are saying the women weren't trafficked into the UK but were kept as slaves with "invisible handcuffs" that kept them under control. Lambeth 'Slavery' Suspects Were Arrested In 1970s, Scotland Yard Says

It probably seems like morbid curiosity but I am interested in where this took place as I used to live in Lambeth, in fact I left the borough 30 years ago, so it is chilling to think that the women were kept prisoners from the early 1980's.