How style ruined dog breeds.

When my FIL posted on FB about ordering two puppies from a breeder, I posted a bunch of adopt-don't-shop type things on my FB. Including that one from PETA with dogs in body bags.

He still bought the puppies. His wife is too image conscious to have dogs that aren't purebred directly from a breeder. :rolleyes:

When my FIL posted on FB about ordering two puppies from a breeder, I posted a bunch of adopt-don't-shop type things on my FB. Including that one from PETA with dogs in body bags.

He still bought the puppies. His wife is too image conscious to have dogs that aren't purebred directly from a breeder. :rolleyes:

That's horrible. What happens if the dog gets sick or gets into an accident and needs a limb amputated or an eye removed? Will she get rid of it for no longer being perfect? I feel bad for their future kids.

I think that will happen about the same time everyone becomes vegan, which is never.

Yeah it sucks. I am glad that California at least has banned the sale of animals in pet stores. It's a step in the right direction.

I really hope that breeding animals will become illegal sometime in the future.

Without compulsory euthanasia of all animals suspected to have been bred since illegalisation that wouldn't work.

'Stray' puppies/kittens/foals/whatever would just keep turning up on peoples door steps all the time.

Yeah it sucks. I am glad that California at least has banned the sale of animals in pet stores. It's a step in the right direction.

There's a bit of the old "keep your freinds close and your enemies closer still" wisdom missing from any celebration over that.

Complicated to explain what is on my mind there, but I'll have a try if anyone asks.

I for one think it's good if the methods by which your mind works remain a mystery.

When people see all three of my chihuahuas, they nearly always think Reuben is the "adorable" one. He is so over-bred it's crazy. He has too short a snout which causes breathing problems, a spot on his skull that never closed because his head is too round, and his back knees are completely out of their sockets. And he's only 5 pounds, which is really too small for anyone with kids. He's a mess - but he's cute! We got him when he was an adult - and not neutered. I'm sure he was bred, and I hate to think what traits he probably passed down to his offspring.

Reuben.jpg