How often do you cook?

How often do you cook?

• I cook from scratch every/most days.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • I cook every/most days, using some pre-made components (i.e. jarred sauce, etc).

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I cook occasionally.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I only cook on special occasions.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I never cook.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SummerRain

I dreamed that God would be forgiving.
Reaction score
Just curious really, lots of vegetarians and vegans I know cook quite a lot, and the food/recipe discussion always seems busy around here.

So how much does everybody cook? Do veg*ans cook more than their omni counter parts? Is that because we have to to have a variety of food, or because people who are comfortable with cooking are more likely to stick at being veg*an?

Do you think it's important to cook a meal everyday, or would you rather save some time and do something else instead?

I cook pretty much six out of seven days a week. I take one day off from cooking dinner, but usually lunch and breakfast are leftovers from dinner. I do more cooking for the week in the winter because I seem to freeze more meals like pot pies, soups, casseroles and sauces. In summer, I cook daily a lot because I have so many fresh veggies and such. I think veg*ns cook more because so much prepared/restaurant food is not veg*n, though that is changing with what seems like an explosion of veg*n convenience foods, even in the last five years or so.

I would like to cook most days, but I have no time, or a kitchen of my own. I cook a couple big meals a week and eat that during the week. I do quite enjoy cooking. I wish I had freezer room to cook and freeze, but I do not.

I probably cook four days out of seven. I always make enough for leftovers that are easy to heat up.

I rarely cook, but only because my better half cooks on most days. Back when I lived on my own I cooked every day.

There are a couple of dishes and a carrot cake that I enjoy making on special occasions. I think I've posted some of it in the recipe section before.

Well, I do "cook" oatmeal every day during the work week using steaming hot water from the tea / coffee water heater at work. Does that count?

I cook most days. We go out to eat usually once a week, sometimes twice, and occasionally the fiancé will cook. When I cook, it's sometimes from scratch, sometimes with a few pre-made components, and sometimes a case of heating up leftovers from the day before :p but I really enjoy cooking, so I do my best to make time for it.

I cook daily. I eat a lot of vegetables, beans, and tofu which I freshly cooked and warm right out of the oven.

I cook every day though it might be a frozen entree of some sort or a veggie burger/chik'n patty. I rarely cook anything very complicated but do have a few favorite recipes. I have tons of recipes I plan to try someday though!

I cook only one day a week usually. I plan on my second day off and shop for what I'll take to work and what I'll eat before work.

I don't like to cook and I think I'm a lousy cook. I would like, when I have more time, to cook a little more. Bake and make bread. What I do cook, I keep pretty simple.

I cook from scratch about 6 days a week, usually 1 day I'll use something pre-made (like baked beans or vegans sausages) and then once every couple of months I'll go out for a meal or buy a take away. I love cooking so it isn't a chore, I try to cook a couple of new recipes a week and I cook a big variety of food. If I'm out from 9-5/6 at uni I'll cook something quick, if I'm home for part of the day I'm usually relaxed enough to cook something more complicated :p My fiance cooks dinner once a week, and once a week I like to cook a big pot of soup or something similar and I usually bake once or twice a week too.

I've always liked cooking, but I was also bought up on food made from scratch so I don't really enjoy ready meals or a lot of pre-made stuff (with some exceptions of course!). Plus cooking and baking is a justifiable way to break from studying/revising :p I couldn't justify stopping work to sew, but I have to eat right.... :D

I probably cook about five or six days a week. I sometimes cook from scratch, well does cooking tofu count as cooking from scratch as it comes from a package? I do eat food like veg sausage rolls, oven chips and jarred curry and pasta sauces sometimes.

I usually make simple meals like tofu scramble, soup, pasta, rice dishes or curries. My husband doesn't really like homemade food and he doesn't eat vegetables (!) so he has ready meals, frozen pizzas, tinned spaghetti on toast so I don't "cook" anything for him, I just heat things up.:p I did make a veggie roast dinner for us the other day.

Reactions: thefadedone
I probably cook about five or six days a week. I sometimes cook from scratch, well does cooking tofu count as cooking from scratch as it comes from a package? I do eat food like veg sausage rolls, oven chips and jarred curry and pasta sauces sometimes.

I think tofu counts... If it's cooking from scratch when Omnis buy their meat in packets, then it counts for us too :p

I like to cook the odd thing like a curry or soup. If I lived with someone it might be more worth cooking something like the vegan quiches I have made, or cake, but if it's just me I'd eat the whole thing and that is too many calories.

A lot of my food is just sandwiches or tins of baked beans and pasta hoops...and the frozen Redwoods pizzas and Amy's mac and cheese etc etc.....

I do quite like cooking though.

I cook from scratch 5 days a week.

1 night a week is takeaway night.

1 night a week is 'junk food' night.

What is on the menu for your 'junk night' ?

I cook from scratch approx. 4 days a week.
3 other meals are leftovers or/and leftovers made with new ingredients.
Sometimes, I'll have something from the freezer which is always a cooked
meal like chilli or pasta.

I often wish that I could buy a ready made nice vegan meal or have a take out.

I pretty much always cook from scratch although I make stuff ahead of time and portion it out or freeze it. The last thing I feel like doing when I get home is cooking so I find I'm far less likely to succumb to the temptation of take out if I have a variety of good food all ready to pop into the microwave or oven. One of my days off is always devoted to making several types of soups, stews, sauces, etc. so I always have aselection of things to choose from.

Reactions: KLS52
I cook 7 days a week, from scratch. I prefer this way because it saves a lot of money and is healthier than using premade/packaged/processed ingredients.