A vegan challenge

That's an interesting observation @majorbloodnok. I am not a good person to talk about this because I don't really care about food that much, mostly it's just stuff I shovel in to keep going. BUT... when I first started not eating meat, it was a bit of a chore because I was so used to the, I dunno, familiarity of meat and three veg. I felt I couldn't eat food if there was no meat in it, so maybe that's the mouthfeel thing you are talking about. I soon found I didn't really miss it, especially as we came up with a lot of great recipes. Bosh TV is a great source! But yeah, it does tend to be a fork heavy diet.

We eat a little "fake meat", maybe one or two meals a week on average and I find those satisfying enough. Otherwise, I like mushroom based meals as they have that meaty kind of feel. As an aside, one thing I have found is that my health has deteriorated significantly since beginning to eat a diet with no animal products. I have no idea if that is the diet or just aging. My bloods look OK most of the time and I've checked nutrients with an online thing (chronometer), so it might just be bad luck. But I am still suspicious.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
Well, vegans do not seem to care as much about eating something to "cut and chew". But seitan comes to mind.
You can always create dehydrated foods like pemmican made from vegan ingredients. I believe there are vegan
versions of meat sticks. I have made raw vegan brownies, 3 bean chili, tofu cheesecake, tempe, vegan nori rolls,
hearty salads, steamed vegetables, pasta and veggie burgers of all kinds, but that is a different option. good luck.