How "EXTREME" is Veganism?

I don't even think of the suffering, really. Of course I know that there's suffering, but since I don't consider animals products to be food, I don't have to consider the repercussions of eating them. And that makes everything better. Does that make sense?

i don't consider animal remains or secretions to be food either but i still see/feel the suffering associated with my "vegan" lifestyle. and while this does not make everything better, it makes me want to do/be better.

I've been a vegetarian for going on 6 years & decided I want to be a vegan now, just realizing my makeup was never even vegetarian does anyone know 100% vegan makeup/ shampoo/ deodorant/ anything cosmetic I should know about ? this all seems so overwhelming, like certain fruits sprayed with pesticides & so much I need to focus on now I feel like I'm gonna fail at it .

imo, the number one thing new vegans (pre-gans) should remember is to not beat themselves up over imperfection. being overly restrictive is one of the common themes among ex-vegans.

if you meet a perfect vegan on the road, kill them.

I don't think eating a plant based diet is Extreme at all, I think a meat based diet is Extreme . I wake every morning and thank mother nature in vegan [emoji288]

Reactions: Brandon111
I don't think eating a plant based diet is Extreme at all, I think a meat based diet is Extreme . I wake every morning and thank mother nature in vegan [emoji288]

i wake up every day and thank mother nature that more omnivores are becoming mostly-veg flexitarians! ;)

When people tell me a vegan diet is extreme I point to other diets out there and their restrictions.

IMO a vegan diet is restrictive after all (the restriction being no animal products), however, it's not more extreme than other diets out there like Paleo or Atkins or very low-fat omnivore diets or being gluten free etc.