Question How did Leslie Cross die?

Jon

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I would have thought that having been bought up by vegan parents, it would have a strong influence on one's own choice.

Paul McCarney's children are all vegetarian and I assume that it was because they were bought up in the belief of not having to slaughter animals to be able to eat. I often wonder if I had been bought up as a veg*an, what choice would I have made in later life ? Anyway, I really do regret not having been bought up in a veg*an family and think that people like you are very lucky.

Is your sister and her children (if any) also vegans ? It seems like you have lived in many places in the UK. Are you currently based in the E. Midlands ?

How did your dad invent plant based milk ? I'm not familiar with the Plamil history and didn't realise that it was a Kentish based firm.
My father always wanted to find a way to produce a plant based milk to replace cows milk. You can google Plamil and there's a lot of info about it on the web. We had a small factory in Langely, Bucks where the initial experiments were done under the guidance of a chap by the name of Bill Stark. It was he and my dad who managed to find a way of extracting white protein from green leaves. Without him, Bill, there would not have been Plamil. I worked there in the early days till they moved to Folkestone and in my opinion Bill Stark does not get the recognition he deserves.

Reactions: shyvas

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
My father always wanted to find a way to produce a plant based milk to replace cows milk. You can google Plamil and there's a lot of info about it on the web. We had a small factory in Langely, Bucks where the initial experiments were done under the guidance of a chap by the name of Bill Stark. It was he and my dad who managed to find a way of extracting white protein from green leaves. Without him, Bill, there would not have been Plamil. I worked there in the early days till they moved to Folkestone and in my opinion Bill Stark does not get the recognition he deserves.

Since my last post several months ago, I have researched Plamil, including it's history. I make a point of buying their products when
available over here. I particularly like their range of chocolate bars, especially their no added sugar ones.
I think that this Kentish based company deserves more credit that it receives, and wonder why it's not easier to find their products in many shops?

Meet The Vegan Willy Wonka Who's Raising The Bar On Ethical Business