Hitting an Asian store

Qwaychou

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
We don't have one lically, so going to the asian store is an adventure!
Is there anything i could look for? Im mainly going for tofu, curry spices and any cool produce. I have been hankering for an asian pear since seeing one on CheapLazyVegan's video.
Anything trully cool I should try to find? This particular store is more chinese than korean or japanese.

Huy Fong chili garlic sauce (same company that makes sriracha)
Brown rice noodles
Noodles of course
Baby bok choy, daikon radish, the long eggplants, GINGER,, Japanese sweet potatoes
Veggie gyoza
Mushrooms of all kinds
Coconut milks
canned green jackfruit

We don't have one lically, so going to the asian store is an adventure!
Is there anything i could look for? Im mainly going for tofu, curry spices and any cool produce. I have been hankering for an asian pear since seeing one on CheapLazyVegan's video.
Anything trully cool I should try to find? This particular store is more chinese than korean or japanese.

I get my tofu from the regular grocery store. We have a couple of Asian stores nearby and I like to go to them just for the variety, but i never get tofu there. they sell their tofu in great big bins that are open and I don't trust it.

I went a little crazy there, but i did not buy any junk food for myself, not only did i not need any, but not all of them are labeled in english or very well.
I got some types of bokchoy, some asian pears, globe grapes. Firm tofu and soft (its all vacu-sealed like in a regular grocery store) white miso, gojuchang, black vinegar, chinese cooking wine, udons, bean threads, sushi flavoring packets with pickled veggies( for when im lazy), rice vinegar, roasted green tea, and a bunch more i cant remember off the top of my head.