Hi

gab

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I turned vegan in March this year instinctively because it felt right: one evening I had a plate of fried chicken in front of me, looked at it and thought 'Nah, I'm not feeling it' ... and ate few apples instead.

Later on I read more about the subject and it became clear to me that I was going to follow this way for life - for ethical and health benefits.

At a recent corporate event I was the only vegan present out of 30+ participants and the organisers were kind enough to prepare portions just for me. But every dish was announced with a loud 'where is the vegan ? who is vegan ?' followed of course by all eyes on me which was rather entertaining.

I have been called 'kumbaya', 'hipster' and 'weird' but I have a strong personality so I take these things as amusing instead of a negative way.

Gab

Hello Gab.

What have you read/seen so far? There's a few documentaries that are very informative, if you haven't already I recommend watching the below :)

Vegucated
Earthlings

At my work place I'm the only vegan too, at least as far as I'm aware... There's jokes but they're jokes.

"How do you know if someone's vegan? Don't worry your friends and colleagues will tell you!" ;)

Welcome to the forums.

Thank you Damo,

I saw Earthlings, some of Gary Yourofsky's speeches and some Dr Mcdougall's (starch solution) videos.

It is ironic how in today's society eating plant based is seen almost as a rebellious, underground movement - whilst humans are naturally adapted to eat this way rather than animal products.

TV commercials won against common sense.

Hey, wanted to give an update on this ... Still vegan, over a year later. Still answering 'where do you get your protein ?' questions ;)

I feel great. The only supplement I take is B12, other than that eating plenty of fruits, veggies, starches ... anything vegan really if not too fat/oily: I prefer food that has less than 3g fat / 100g.

Reactions: Damo
Two years vegan now. I'm never going back to my old ways...

I'm feeling great, light on my feet, happy, positive vibe.

It's a great way to live your life.

Reactions: Damo and Nekodaiden
congrats - it's been a year and half for us now and we are thrilled also!

We attended a large corporate lunch a couple of months ago and most people at our table were jealous of our delicious "special dish" as they were all stuck with a horrid typical chicken breast plate.

Emma JC

Reactions: gab