Hi an newbie Vegan

Trevor9

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi i have been practicing to keep myself away from Meat consumtion and since i tried going vegan i had gone wrong in some parts of keeping myself in the right diet.
A friend suggested me to try some tips and kindly wasn't helpful enough rather him beign non-vegan.
I watch some videos online but am not sure if its the right way to move on.
Kindly recomend.

welcome to the forum!

May I suggest that instead of focusing on what you aren't eating maybe focus instead on the amazing foods that are vegan and delicious.

Lots of potatoes, yams, rice, pastas, legumes, beans, vegetables, fruits, with lots of spices etc.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

@Trevor9 :welcome:

Most important is to get a variety of foods. A completely plant based diet is healthy, and very doable, but it takes time to change your habits and find new ways of preparing foods. Your digestion may take a while to adjust, so you might want to increase some foods more slowly
I do suggest starting a B12 supplement
More fiber also often needs more water

Seconding what silva said, get a B12 supplement. We as vegans get only negligible amounts of B12 from our food, so we really need supplements, and though it takes a few years to develop a deficiency, you don't want that if you plan on being healthy. The type of B12 you buy matters, with cyancobalamin being the most poorly absorbed form of B12.

Reactions: Trevor9
Hi i have been practicing to keep myself away from Meat consumtion and since i tried going vegan i had gone wrong in some parts of keeping myself in the right diet.
A friend suggested me to try some tips and kindly wasn't helpful enough rather him beign non-vegan.
I watch some videos online but am not sure if its the right way to move on.
Kindly recomend.
Happy to know that a large number of folks like you are trying hard to move to veganism. The process of changing into a vegan diet is not hard but it may take a little time. Practice makes man perfect! It applies in that way!

Reactions: Emma JC