Helpless to help out a doggo in pain

Sproutskies

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
IMG_0158 2.jpg
Not going to get started about this guy being roped up outside.. but he obviously was in pain from the amount of overfeeding and lack of care of owners. Saw his cry for help when making eye contact, it was like he was asking to die. Not a happy pooch at all.. seemed very sick. Felt like stealing him was the best option but did not have a car. Was helpless to help him. What is the best thing to do in these situations?

Dial 911.
Should have considered that. Have a bias + don't always trust the cops to do the right thing especially with a lack of an actionable crime. Sometimes there are cops with a brain that could figure out what's going on. If there is not some sort of smoking gun they just won't do anything.

Maybe calling would have helped. Didn't want to leave him just sitting there.

Should have considered that. Have a bias + don't always trust the cops to do the right thing especially with a lack of an actionable crime. Sometimes there are cops with a brain that could figure out what's going on. If there is not some sort of smoking gun they just won't do anything.

Maybe calling would have helped. Didn't want to leave him just sitting there.

They should put you through to the humane society.

• Informative
Reactions: Sproutskies
How often have you seen this dog?
Before calling I would do random checks youself, laying low, and seeing if you can get video that would correlate with a response.
I would be afraid of authorities just alerting the person to complaints and having it be hidden

You want to be completely informed of all your states animal welfare laws.

How often have you seen this dog?
Before calling I would do random checks youself, laying low, and seeing if you can get video that would correlate with a response.
I would be afraid of authorities just alerting the person to complaints and having it be hidden

You want to be completely informed of all your states animal welfare laws.
They were in for a grocery run. First time seeing him here.

Most of the animal welfare laws in Colorado are just about overt cruelty like beating, improper housing, sex acts, fighting rings... but nothing that actually seems to fit the nuance of the situation in an obvious way. From a legal standpoint I honestly don't think most people give a s**t or don't have the time of day to give if they do.

Worth a try, because you never fully know.. Just the impression from what I've read + local news of activists effort going nowhere.