Hello! I'm looking for vegan recipes

Well maybe they’re right to an extent. Your taste can change. And many people have been traumatised by some past badly cooked food. I convinced someone that Brussels sprouts were good the other day by slicing them and frying/caramelising in olive oil. I am revising my opinion on both butternut squash and chickpeas now because even though not my favourite foods the meal i had tonight had both and it was great. I’ve got sweet potato for later in the week. Again not a favourite of mine but I will reserve judgement until I see what I can do with it.
I just feel badly for someone when they make or buy something and don't like it. I can and will eat anything vegan, but if it was something I didn't like, I just wouldn't get it again. For example: if a recipe calls for cilantro, I just leave it out because I know I don't like it- but I'll eat something with cilantro without complaints if someone serves it to me.

My father always hated turnips when he was growing up; his dad always insisted that he at least taste them if Grandma cooked them, but Dad didn't have to eat more than one taste. Still, one day in the service, he devoured them eagerly when he was famished and didn't know what they were. He was astonished when he found out later.

Cilantro is my nemesis! I was a hot pot restaurant recently that had a self serve add-ins. I meant to get scallions but instead put cilantro in my dipping sauce. I removed all I could see, but I couldn't use it. My son used it though. One speck in food makes it all taste of strong soap
Stuff should be required to be labeled. I won't order from places that don;t specify-like Chipotle!

Reactions: Tom L.
Today’s Brussels sprouts taste better than you might remember from childhood. It’s not that your refined adult palate appreciates them better. Rather a new variety has displaced the original vegetable. You can thank plant breeders for the change.

Interesting. I’ve noticed the sprouts seem to be smaller than I remember too. I was wondering if that was just because I am now bigger but maybe they’ve been bred smaller and more juicy now.
However the cooking has a lot to do with it. I overheard someone eating a Xmas roast in a cafe yesterday saying “Brussels sprouts like bullets!” 😅. Often it’s either that or boiled to mush.

Interesting. I’ve noticed the sprouts seem to be smaller than I remember too. I was wondering if that was just because I am now bigger but maybe they’ve been bred smaller and more juicy now.
However the cooking has a lot to do with it. I overheard someone eating a Xmas roast in a cafe yesterday saying “Brussels sprouts like bullets!” 😅. Often it’s either that or boiled to mush.

this is why I buy frozen brussel sprouts and not fresh - they are always good and can be used the same way fresh are although I mostly put them in my noodley soup or steam them and added lemon juice / mustard sauce

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: silva and Lou
this is why I buy frozen brussel sprouts and not fresh - they are always good and can be used the same way fresh are although I mostly put them in my noodley soup or steam them and added lemon juice / mustard sauce

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Same here. I actually find that they are tastier than the fresh ones.

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and silva
Cilantro is my nemesis! I was a hot pot restaurant recently that had a self serve add-ins. I meant to get scallions but instead put cilantro in my dipping sauce. I removed all I could see, but I couldn't use it. My son used it though. One speck in food makes it all taste of strong soap
Stuff should be required to be labeled. I won't order from places that don;t specify-like Chipotle!
I've heard people who like cilantro describe it as "citrusy" or "fresh", but I just taste soap, too. Sometimes, when I'm making something that calls for cilantro, I'll substitute a generous amount of fresh parsley and a bit of lemon or lime juice (all of which I like). The result has always been tasty to me, but I don't know if I'm getting what a true cilantrophile experiences!

Check out Vegan Richa as well:
She is a brilliant recipe maker. I've tried all kinds of recipes from all kinds of web sites, but they don't always turn out well, even when I follow the instructions to the letter. With Vegan Richa's recipes, things turn out well even when I make a bunch of substitions. Her recipes are truly "robust" in that sense.

For dessert, Domestic Gothess is also really good:

Miyoko Schinner's YouTube channel is also great:

Finally, give soy milk a try. It's the original plant milk, so the dairy industry has run a long campaign of disinformation against it, but it's in fact one of the tastiest, healthiest, most nutritious, and environmentally friendly plant milks.You can use unsweetened soy milk in the place of cow's milk in any recipe. I even make yogurt using Unsweetened Edensoy.