US Guns in the U.S.

They are kidding, right?

It's great that she agrees to follow the law in the future in exchange for not getting prosecuted.
Maybe more criminals could get deals like that?
It makes sense to me. While it was reckless to keep a loaded gun unsecured in her car like that, only she was injured, and locking away the mother of a 4y.o. is something that should be avoided if at all possible.

Reactions: ledboots
Well, a provision against owning guns in the future might make sense for somebody who has quite clearly shown that she is not responsible enough.

But sure, attending a training is at least as good, and will make sure she does not get shot again by her toddler.
It gives me confidence that she will only shoot other people in the future. :fp:

Sad article.

The neighbour is quoted in the article:

"All I can say is it's an unfortunate thing because Eric is a disabled military veteran and one thing is he has his guns, but he's not ignorant to the fact of the danger, especially when his kids are around," Ursin said.

"He would always stress how he had to secure (them), what he had to go through when the kids came. He made sure of that because he would get his kids every other weekend," she said.

It seems he did not do a good enough job at securing them.

Having driven 300 kilometers on the motorway yesterday and encountered a lot of people who were either totally reckless or not paying any attention at all, I can only say that there was more than one occasion where I as a normally very peace-loving and polite person was - in retrospect - grateful that I did not have a gun at that moment.

Seriously. I can understand that "normal" people can get into a rage for not very important reasons and that it might be a very bad thing if a gun was available at that moment.

No, domestic violence happens everywhere, unfortunately.
The presence of guns, however, means that often there are irreparable consequences.

Would you agree with me if I said that a person wielding a gun is generally more dangerous than a person swinging his fists or brandishing a kitchen knife?

I realize just because a reporter said it, it doesn't mean it's true, but it doesn't mean it's not true either.

You realize that you can use this phrase to "substantiate" just about every statement you make, be it true or fabricated.....