Going from being a Vegetarian to a Vegan

wolfynerd0000

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Well I Did Not expect to go Vegan (from vegetarian) Yesterday But here I' am Now

i have away not quite understood vegans and there ethics so the last 3 or so day i have spent in a ethic breakdown in an effort to search and apply the best ethical code to my life and do the "right" thing for the world as an induvial in a collective rather then the parasitic ideals of consuming and supporting industries that commit atrocities of profit if your wondering how i got here i philosophized of about an hour talked to a meat eater for an hour and then dived into researching the ethics of my choices and actions and have know gone thou the 3 stages of ethical evolution 1.bargning 2.anger 3.acseptence and have come out vegan well dident aspect this so to thous vegans reading this what advice/opinions do you have of me

PS. vegan sound a bit extreme/dumb intel you understand there ethics and then it all just clicks

Reactions: Lou
I didn't know there were stages of Ethical Evolutinon. Did you read that somewhere or just make it up?

I've also know for a long time that a person can "fine tune" their philosophy by arguing. you are the first Vegan I've heard of to go vegan by arguing with a meat eater.

stages of "Ethical Evolutinon" i make that up and personally believe in it and to the other thing i know its good to be quite funny on some level but the film (Earthling) also influenced my going vegan along with this speech youtube.com/watch?v=Z3u7hXpOm58

Congratulations on your decision to go vegan!

Were you vegetarian already for ethical reasons?

As for advice, I suppose one of the first things is to learn the basics about vegan nutrition, and secondly to learn cooking some basic dishes. Maybe make a goal of learning to cook at least 7 different main courses, so you can have something different every day of the week.

Regarding nutrition, there are books, websites, YouTube videos, podcasts etc. Personally, I have read a lot of the blog posts by Ginny Messina - see:

There is also:

That website used to be quite "dense" and hard to read for a layperson, but I think they've attempted to rewrite it to make it more readable.

There are many more, but and hopefully our other members can help with further recommendations.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Sproutskies and Lou
Congratulations, @wolfynerd0000 ! I think you'll find lots of company on your Ethical Evolution. I wish I had known about how eggs and milk are produced sooner than I did. I mentioned somewhere here that I should have known about eggs, at least.
Nah, the egg and diary industry keeps that stuff hidden. Even today you have to know to look for it.
then there is everything from Cognitive dissonance to rationalizing.

Reactions: Tom L. and Emma JC