Gardein offered at Baja Fresh

thefadedone

Needs a life
Reaction score
According to Gardein's Facebook page two Baja Fresh locations (North Irvine and Cypress) are now offering Gardein products as options on their meatless menu. Hopefully this will be very successful and become contagious and spread to other locations and other restaurants.

I hope this is more successful than when Chipotle did a trial of Gardein!

That's what I thought as I was reading about it! I'm actually surprised that it didn't do so well there. The whole Meatless Monday thing has really gotten popular so maybe there will be a higher demand for Gardein this time around.

That's what I thought as I was reading about it! I'm actually surprised that it didn't do so well there. The whole Meatless Monday thing has really gotten popular so maybe there will be a higher demand for Gardein this time around.

I love their products and wish we could get them in Europe.:(

Is that a Mexican restaurant, Baja Fresh? I thought Chipolte's 'problem' may have been that they have so many vegan options anyway with the yummy beans and all.

I hope the Baja Fresh restaurants don't put milk in everything, like the frozen dinners with gardein that Lean Cuisine in the US does. I keep rereading those packages hoping they will take it out. :confused:

Is that a Mexican restaurant, Baja Fresh? I thought Chipolte's 'problem' may have been that they have so many vegan options anyway with the yummy beans and all.

I hope the Baja Fresh restaurants don't put milk in everything, like the frozen dinners with gardein that Lean Cuisine in the US does. I keep rereading those packages hoping they will take it out. :confused:

Yeah it's a Mexican fast food restaurant. I assume it's just like Chipolte and Taco Bell where you can customize your order so I don't think dairy will be a problem (unless they **** up your order).

I'm not sure what went wrong with the Chipolte test trials but I do remember it happened early on when Gardein was fairly new. Their consumer base wasn't so large back then.

Reactions: ledboots
I hope it does better there. I never really liked anything at Baja Fresh though, except their salsa which is :lick:.