Game Changers Movie Released Globally

QualityGains

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi guys

As a reminder: The 'Game Changers' movie just recently released online, so it can be watched globally.
It was a well-awaited documentary regarding plant-based athletes directed by James Cameron (the avatar 3d guy).

Just watched it and I think it's really, really good.

You can watch it online here: https://gamechangersmovie.com/the-film/where-to-watch/

Best option is to go for Vimeo, cost only $5 to rent. :)

Best,
Florian

My new favorite vegan youtube Doctor, Dr. Lome, has somehow already produced a video on the Game Changers. He doesn't really talk much about the movie, mostly just responding to people who tried to debunk the movie.

Hey is there a word for debunking debunking?

Oh, still think we need to get this guy a new mic or at least some audio lessons.

Cool! Will plan on watching it this weekend with my son :)

I was really hyped for the movie and even uploaded a trailer-review on youtube that went semi-viral. I think this movie is one of the few instances though, where the actual footage is even better than the trailer. :)

Reactions: TofuRobot
My new favorite vegan youtube Doctor, Dr. Lome, has somehow already produced a video on the Game Changers. He doesn't really talk much about the movie, mostly just responding to people who tried to debunk the movie.

Hey is there a word for debunking debunking?

Oh, still think we need to get this guy a new mic or at least some audio lessons.
I hate to leave those kinds of comments on YouTube, but I just might for this guy... Unless I can figure out a way to message him directly. Usually YouTubers start off with basic equipment and upgrade once they start to gain more subs. But yeah - the audio is pretty poor. If it was better, I'd be sharing his stuff all over the place. I mean - I know that stuff isn't free, but he's a cardiologist - he has to be able to afford good equipment, right?? Microphones aren't *that* expensive..... :/

I hate to leave those kinds of comments on YouTube, but I just might for this guy... Unless I can figure out a way to message him directly. Usually YouTubers start off with basic equipment and upgrade once they start to gain more subs. But yeah - the audio is pretty poor. If it was better, I'd be sharing his stuff all over the place. I mean - I know that stuff isn't free, but he's a cardiologist - he has to be able to afford good equipment, right?? Microphones aren't *that* expensive..... :/

I was actually thinking about that same thing today. And I'd almost bet that his set up is an iPhone propped up on a couple of books and he is just using the built-in mic. However, that white background is pretty pristine. It does not look like a white wall but a photographer's background. Also, there seems to be some pretty good editing going on. But i know that the iOS Movie is pretty good, too.

In his earlier videos, I could not spot a microphone at all. So that clip on one appears to be a new add-on. Maybe he just hasn't gotten enough feedback about his audio. So maybe we should drop him some comments.

^ He's just in an empty room and the mic (whatever it is) is the wrong kind of mic (it should be a good quality directional mic) and it's picking up all the reverb. He needs some sound-dampening on the walls (or just some furniture - anything would help!), and to be editing the sound in post (you can edit some of the reverb out, but if you're starting with the wrong kind of microphone, it's going to make your life more difficult than it needs to be. (I took a recording class - that's the only reason I have even the slightest clue.) ...I have faith in him though. Like everyone else, he'll get it figured out. 🤞

I just read the youtube comments on his Bacon Is Back video. He seems to be aware of his audio issues and claims to be working on it.

Reactions: TofuRobot
Bacon is Back Video.

Oh my god! I left him a reply at 8pm and he replied by 9pm

"Lou Thank you for your feedback! I put this one together too fast and didn’t correct the audio. I have a couple new videos done and the audio is markedly better! Thank you for your kind words and I am glad you like the content! 😊"

Bacon is Back Video.

Oh my god! I left him a reply at 8pm and he replied by 9pm

"Lou Thank you for your feedback! I put this one together too fast and didn’t correct the audio. I have a couple new videos done and the audio is markedly better! Thank you for your kind words and I am glad you like the content! 😊"
I sent him a note from his website and got a fairly lengthy reply this morning! I feel like a groupie, LOL

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Damn. Here I thought I've found a bargain as I moved from $7 in iTunes to $5 in Vimeo..

I haven't' tried buying it yet. And it says on the YouTube page "starting at $3.99". So maybe Vimeo is still lower priced.

Being a cheapskate I tried checking it out of the library. There are like 100 titles that contain the words "Game Changers". There is even a movie called "Game Changers". It's about game shows.

Anyway, the library doesn't have it yet.

Has anyone here actually seen it?

Reactions: innerwealth29
I haven't' tried buying it yet. And it says on the YouTube page "starting at $3.99". So maybe Vimeo is still lower priced.

Being a cheapskate I tried checking it out of the library. There are like 100 titles that contain the words "Game Changers". There is even a movie called "Game Changers". It's about game shows.

Anyway, the library doesn't have it yet.

Has anyone here actually seen it?

I have seen it and it's absolutely great. I was hyped, yet quite skeptical as it thought it was a random compilation of anecdotes, but they have quite some intellectuals on board, see cast: https://gamechangersmovie.com/cast/. They also display the studies in the lower left corner of the video usually, you don't see much documentaries doing that.

What amazed me was Patrik Baboumian's story (basically nearly his entire family died in a car crash when he was 4 years old). Also Damien Mander's story was a great surprize. From a sniper in Afghanistan to the founder of an international anti-poaching foundation (+ vegan).

A quick review will be uploaded on my youtube channel in 1-2 hours. You can check it out if you need additional infos: https://www.youtube.com/qualitygains :)

Reactions: Lou
tonight only. watch Game Changers for FREE

I just got this in my mailbox.

Rosario Dawson and the team at Earth Conscious Films have generously given away their epic environmental award-winning movie to the world for the past several days.

People from around the world are commenting on how much they’ve learned and been inspired after watching this epic film.

If you haven’t gotten to see it yet – I don’t want you to miss your chance!

>> It’s 100% complimentary — go watch it now here.

We all know our food system is broken. People are malnourished while industrialized agriculture is ravaging the planet. But the big news is that there are SOLUTIONS!

The Need To GROW showcases three gripping stories and delivers an empowering message of hope. I know you’re going to love it.

If you haven’t gotten to see it yet, I encourage you to do yourself a huge favor: Click the link to watch right now, or with your family and loved ones. It’s a transformative story that will change the way you look at what we can do to heal this planet.

>> Tonight is the LAST NIGHT to watch this film during the Global Screening Event.

To your health,

Jonathan Otto

P.S. More and more thought leaders are acknowledging the benefits of Regenerative Agriculture. This film is such an important piece towards helping our culture understand the significant healing potential of healthy soils! WATCH THE MOVIE NOW

lt.php