News France train shooting - Men overpower gunman

European media coverage: "We applaud the courage of the men who subdued the alleged terrorist and hope the injured persons have a speedy recovery."

American media coverage (especially Fox News): "If only one of the Americans had a gun, the whole thing would have lasted a minute and the world would have one less terrorist. They should allow guns on European trains so the good guy with a gun can stop the bad guy with a gun."
So can you post a link to this fox news story or was it just a joke on your part? I looked on their site and saw nothing of the kind. They were applauding the bravery of all the men involved.

So can you post a link to this fox news story or was it just a joke on your part? I looked on their site and saw nothing of the kind. They were applauding the bravery of all the men involved.

The whole world is applauding their quick thinking and bravery. Furthermore they are all very humble.

A quote from the terrorist's lawyer :

"[I saw] somebody who was very sick, somebody very weakened physically, as if he suffered from malnutrition, very, very thin and very haggard," the lawyer, Sophie David, told BFMTV.
"A few days later he decided to get on a train that some other homeless people told him would be full of wealthy people traveling from Amsterdam to Paris and he hoped to feed himself by armed robbery," David said

Spencer Stone, 23, Alek Skarlatos, 22, and Anthony Sadler, 23, and British businessman Chris Norman, 62, were awarded the Legion d'Honneur by French President François Hollande at the Elysée Palace. Three other train passengers -- a 28-year-old Frenchman who first confronted El Khazzani when he came out of a washroom brandishing his weapons, a 51-year-old French-American who was shot in the throat and is in the hospital, and an off-duty train driver who helped neutralize the gunman -- will also receive the Legion d’Honneur.

http://www.latimes.com/world/europe...n-receive-legion-of-honor-20150824-story.html

I saw the ceremony on the news. The American boys looked great in their polo t shirts. Chris Norman (the Brit) was all
dressed up with a suit a tie.

On the radio news, I did hear something to the effect that this was an attempted robbery rather than motivated by terrorist idealogy, but I don;t know if this is true... it was also reported that this guy had ties to terrorist groups. Maybe the story will get cleared up one way or another.

The downside to the fact that he was taken down before he killed anyone is that, given the way the legal system works, regardless of how obvious it seems to everyone viewing the situation and applying common sense to their deduction of what went down, unless they actually find some piece of evidence clearly indicating his intention to perform a terrorist act it will be quite difficult to get him with anything more than attempted murder of the guy who got shot in the neck and possibly the Airman he cut up, and a relevant charge for possessing the gun.

Somewhere there is a prospective jury member, not watching the news, who can be convinced that he was just hungry and things got out of hand.

I read that he was a person of interest to three European intelligence services, there was a facebook page where he tried to justify Isil's actions.

He was obviously violent as he was still trying to harm the men who tried to stop him. I'm not sure how French justice system works but I hope he gets a lengthy sentence. The men were still heroes even if he was only an armed robber.

I saw the ceremony on the news. The American boys looked great in their polo t shirts. Chris Norman (the Brit) was all
dressed up with a suit a tie.

I thought the Americans looked as if they were embarrassed by the attention but the British man looked as if he was enjoying himself.:D

Reactions: Tom L.
I read that he was a person of interest to three European intelligence services, there was a facebook page where he tried to justify Isil's actions.

He was obviously violent as he was still trying to harm the men who tried to stop him. I'm not sure how French justice system works but I hope he gets a lengthy sentence. The men were still heroes even if he was only an armed robber.

I thought the Americans looked as if they were embarrassed by the attention but the British man looked as if he was enjoying himself.:D

Snap !!!!:yes::up::D

Reactions: ledboots
I do expect the lawyer to come up with some ridiculous explanation.
Remember, it's a lawyers job to defend people accused of a crime, many of which likely are guilty.

However, I guess the examination of the guys background - especially the question where he got his weapons from - will likely bring some clarification.

I guess we could simply ask the NRA for a comment, they will happily indulge us...