Favorite YouTube Vegan

For a while now I've been just watching the vegan cooking shows.
Rainbow Plant Life, Pick Up Limes, Liv B., Sarah's Vegan Kitchen.
and CheapLazyVegan.

Dr. Gregar's videos, too.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC

I was listening to her talk about the new Taylor Swift album. The album is so long that she had to split it into two videos!

• Friendly
Reactions: Lou
My favourites are Swayze (Unnatural Vegan) and Daniel Ishay (Lifting Vegan Logic) Both take an intelligent, nuanced, human and empathic position re veganism and both are atheists who did a great job of examining the Bible in order to create videos on veganism and christianity which impressed me a lot!

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
Gaz Oakley is my personal favourite.
He also has a few when he visits other places, Mexico, Jamaica most recently
Yeah, he is good. His recipes are a bit too complicated for me.
Also he is not a PYT, no fault of his but ....

Yeah, he is good. His recipes are a bit too complicated for me.
Also he is not a PYT, no fault of his but ....

Sheesh.
I tend to like straight forward.
Gaz, as mentioned, Yeung Man cooking, Thee burger dude, Derek Sarno. I like Spicey Mustache's channel ftoo.

Yep, all my faves seem to be blokes. I do like some of RPL's recipes, but I am not a fan of twee really.

Sheesh.
I tend to like straight forward.
Huh?
Yep, all my faves seem to be blokes.
Are you a bloke? Or a Shelia?
As long as I'm watching a YouTube (and not listening to a podcast) I figure it's nice to have something nice to look at. Oddly all my favorites are attractive PYT. When I'm listening to a podcast I like Colleen Patrick Goudreaux. She is not bad looking but I find her voice and speaking manner very pleasant.

Sam from ItDoesn'tTasteLikeChicken, is also attractive but just way too perky. I find her YouTubes exhausting. But I do like her recipes that I can read on screen. I even get her weekly newsletter.

I do like some of RPL's recipes, but I am not a fan of twee really.
Huh. I guess I'm a fan of twee.

When I'm listening to a podcast I like Colleen Patrick Goudreaux. She is not bad looking but I find her voice and speaking manner very pleasant.
Heh.
We are worlds apart in this regard.
I just checked out CPG and I find her voice rather irritating.. :)
Kind of reminded me like a much milder version of this.... :)

As long as I'm watching a YouTube (and not listening to a podcast) I figure it's nice to have something nice to look at. Oddly all my favorites are attractive PYT. When I'm listening to a podcast I like Colleen Patrick Goudreaux. She is not bad looking but I find her voice and speaking manner very pleasant.

Sam from ItDoesn'tTasteLikeChicken, is also attractive but just way too perky. I find her YouTubes exhausting. But I do like her recipes that I can read on screen. I even get her weekly newsletter.
I'm a guy, bloke, man, fellah.
The "something nice to look at" just doesn't sit well with me. Maybe the extremely equality-based culture here in Sweden - I don't see presenters in that light.
I watch YT food shows because I like to see the food, recipes and hopefully get inspired, not for the physical attractiveness of the people involved.
Of course I don't want to see a slob with a hairy belly cooking, but beyond that...

Not sure. You say "Sam is a bit too perky". I just had a look, and yeah. A bit. I doubt I could watch a whole episode. Also a little "twee".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: silva
I think Gaz Oakley is very goodlooking, but I find his cooking videos too involved. I can never be bothered to do his recipes.

I watch all their videos. This is one when they were walking the El Camino pilgrimage as we were talking about it on here the other day.

Huh?

What's a "Sheila"? what's "twee"?

I agree with g0rph about Colleens voice. I'm over sensitive to things in vlogs I guess. Like in Rainbow Plant Life she did this baby talk thing once and I can't ever watch it again. Or names. I like zardyplants, but the name just annoys me.

I do like Merle O'Neal a lot! She kinda reminds me of me, if I were to do cooking recipes

I think Rachel Maddow may have my favorite voice to listen to.

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
What's a "Sheila"?
blokes are guys, Shelias are girls. In Australian slang. Stuff I learned from movies
I guess blokes might be more universals. but that is where my mind went.

blokes are guys, Shelias are girls. In Australian slang. Stuff I learned from movies
I guess blokes might be more universals. but that is where my mind went.
Might have caught that if the person you asked were Aussie....
So "twee" is affectedly or excessively dainty, delicate, cute, or quaint.
I'm not much a fan of "twee" in people

Now I fancy snacks!
I don't think they're around anymore, but Wise made chive and onion wavy chips (crisps) that were like sour creme and onion, but vegan.
Now Lays has Funyums flavored wavy chips that are vegan. Funyums were my favorite snack!

I must say, plain Fritos were so appreciated when I first went vegan! That little bag was so filling, and most vending machines had them