Favorite vegetarian chefs

Alexia

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
There aren't as many celebrity vegetarian chefs, but I do have a few books by Rose Elliot who only does vegetarian recipes.

Yotam Ottolenghi doesn't only do vegetarian food, but his take on vegetarian dishes is very inspiring.

http://www.ottolenghi.co.uk/recipes/vegetarian

Please share any others that have inspired you. Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall did do a TV series where he became vegetarian and also wrote a book with the recipes in it . It was inspiring, but also I liked that the message that it was possible to do and is also healthier. He ended up losing weight and got fitter.

Alexia said:
There aren't as many celebrity vegetarian chefs, but I do have a few books by Rose Elliot who only does vegetarian recipes.

Yotam Ottolenghi doesn't only do vegetarian food, but his take on vegetarian dishes is very inspiring.

http://www.ottolenghi.co.uk/recipes/vegetarian

Please share any others that have inspired you. Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall did do a TV series where he became vegetarian and also wrote a book with the recipes in it . It was inspiring, but also I liked that the message that it was possible to do and is also healthier. He ended up losing weight and got fitter.

First, thank you for the link!  I love the visuals of the yummy meals.  Makes me hungry!  I bookmarked the page, and plan to get some good ideas from there, myself. 

I  do not know of any celebrity vegetarian chefs!  I will have to check out Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall.   I must say, wow what a long name. lol  Is he quite popular and well-known?

I agree, about the benefits of health and fitness.  When we gain weight, it is definetly harder on our body to function at full capacity.  As I get older, I can feel my metabolism slowing down, and I do not want this to become an issue for me.

I adore quite a few vegetarian/vegan cooks on YouTube. I enjoy chef Chloe Coscarelli and Vegan Cooking With Love quite much. I recently discovered Jason Wrobel, as well(also on YouTube).

I'm subscriber of Eddie Sheperd YouTube channel and I really love his recipes!

Eddie Shepherd is an award winning modern vegetarian chef, cookbook author and development chef.

At the forefront of modern vegetarian cuisine Eddie takes inspiration from nature and uses innovative techniques to create exciting, unique food that contrasts the wild and natural with controlled technique, precision and a modern aesthetic.

His cookbooks have been met with acclaim from both chefs and home cooks.

Eddie does some media work including magazine pieces, TV and Radio appearances etc

An extremely passionate chef, Eddie sees food as a wonderful, exciting, endlessly interesting and surprising subject that pervades all our lives and, at its best, is an art that can encompass, reflect and to a degree influence philosophies, social and cultural trends, reverence for the past and future, our relationship with others and bring out our most childlike sense of excitement.

His YouTube Channel is this, https://www.youtube.com/user/Eddiesheps