Falafel?

Theres a cafe near me that does a falafel hummus and salad wrap. it is amazing. I recommend eating it like that!

I really liked falafel I've eaten at restaurants... but the Cauldron ones I find unbearably dry. Some other ready made ones are okay, but only restaurant ones I've tried have been really yummy. I've never made my own though, no idea why! Does anybody have a good recipe? :)
This one:

http://www.dedemed.com/mediterranean/falafel-recipe

It's from soaked, not cooked beans (I would soak in fridge like 24 hours)
Has both baking soda, and baking powder added last--for tender and light insides.
I've never used fava, and would certainly leave out the cilantro!

Reactions: SummerRain
This one:

Has both baking soda, and baking powder added last--for tender and light insides.

Soak the garbanzo beans and fava beans in water over night the day before cooking. Chop and blend the garbanzo beans and fava beans in a food processor until the beans are the consistency of fine bread crumbs.

why would you put raw beans in your falafel?

Well, they get ground up and baked/fried.
The soaking for a day really softens them.
I just know that's traditional, and I've done it both ways. Cooked didn't hold up, and was more like a bean burger. Soaked has a different texture and taste.

Reactions: sallyomally
I learned to cook in my mom's kitchen with the Joy of Cooking, and I still use it and veganize like mad! I will check out the falafel recipe! :)
It's really good, IMHO. I don't like falafel deep-fried and what-not, and this version seems better to me, less greasy. I suppose you could deep-fry them, but I prefer pan-fried in a little bit of oil. They are more like a patty, but I think they are delicious.

It's really good, IMHO. I don't like falafel deep-fried and what-not, and this version seems better to me, less greasy. I suppose you could deep-fry them, but I prefer pan-fried in a little bit of oil. They are more like a patty, but I think they are delicious.
That sounds like the kind I make, too. I don't deep fry, I pan fry or bake them depending on what else I'm making. :)

I really liked falafel I've eaten at restaurants... but the Cauldron ones I find unbearably dry. Some other ready made ones are okay, but only restaurant ones I've tried have been really yummy. I've never made my own though, no idea why! Does anybody have a good recipe? :)

The big cauldron ones are but the mini bites falafel are much better for some reason.:)

Reactions: SummerRain
This one:

Interesting... what does everyone have against cilantro/corriander? It's great!
But the recipe looks interesting too, thank you :) Is it okay for you to eat uncooked beans like that?

If you dont like coriander leaves you can use parsley instead.