TV & Film Excellent TV series

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
What are your favourites? What are you currently watching?

Tomorrow starts the second season of the US version of The Killing. Jen and I very much enjoyed the first season, and in the meantime we've also watched the Danish second season (which is completely different from the US second season, which is apparently just an extension of the first season if I understand correctly).

Reactions: ledboots
I know people are probably tired of hearing this but... Firefly!

Also, I just recently started watching Battlestar Galactica (2004) for the first time and I am loving it.

Both series I never watched while they were on-air... only after the fact.

I successfully persuaded my father to start watching Firefly and he's already halfway through; he only started yesterday or the day before. lol

The current shows that I am trying to keep up with:
-Fringe
-Grey's Anatomy
-Castle
-Game of Thrones
-Sons of Anarchy: this is the only one in the group that I've watched from day one. The rest were downloaded, etc.
-Boardwalk Empire
-Homeland
-The Walking Dead

Old shows:
-Battlestar Galactica: I only just started watching this one and I'm still on the first season.
-Black Books: still haven't checked that one out.
-Firefly: I never watched it when it was on so I caught it after the fact. Love it.
-Farscape: Definitely a top favorite. I rewatch it every now and then. I just wish the whole series was in wide screen.

God, that seems like a lot but I guess it's not so bad because they keep making fewer and fewer episodes per season.

Reactions: KLS52
Big Bang Theory in this household. It's on break for the summer though I think.

I'm on the last few episodes of both Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek: TNG. Not sure what I'm going to watch next. Game of Thrones maybe?

I need some new things to watch. I think Sherlock is on my Netflix queue. I also hear so much about Game of Thrones, maybe I should check that out.

I also hear so much about Game of Thrones, maybe I should check that out.

The season two finale is tomorrow night, so you'd have plenty of time to watch the first two seasons before the 3rd starts!

Oh geeze, where do I start?

Game of Thrones
Shameless
True Blood
Girls
Touch
Awake (while it lasted)
Workaholics (funniest show I've seen on air since Sunny in philadelphia)
It's always sunny in philadelphia
The Office
...that's good for now. :)

I'm currently watching Band of Brothers.

It's excellent.

Oh yeah, Dexter... didn't watch the most recent series. Have to finish up season 4 of True Blood too, I think 5 is about to start? tried to read the second most recent book in the series and just could NOT get through it. Sad :/

Game of Thrones, Fringe, Supernatural, True Blood, Dexter and I recently got into Castle so I'm happy that is continuing. We are halfway through Homeland.

I watched a BBC documentary programme called Coast last night for the first time and I'm going to try to download old episodes to watch. It's been on for years so I don't know why I've only just started watching it!:D

I currently have the following set on 'series link' on my sky+ box (like TIVO in the US)

Desperate Housewives
New Great Artist
Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother
Alcatraz(which has now been cancelled)
American Dad!

Other shows I enjoy are Anything Alice related & Documentries about animals namely under the sea and woodland :D

Ooh...dexter but the last couple seasons have been sorta meh....
The first few seasons of Dexter are my favorites... when he was always on the verge of getting busted but narrowly escaping. The Ice Truck killer was cool plus the whole lost brother angle... I loved the series back then!

All Whedon shows: Firefly, Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse
Big Bang Theory
Walking Dead
Six Feet Under
Queer as Folk
Oz
Community
Parks & Recreation

Will start soon. I know I'm going to love it.

My daughter told me about it, I was really surprised at how much I liked it. The only other series at the moment I'm eagerly awaiting the next season on is Boardwalk Empire.