EnerG egg replacer

Kathy Lauren

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
We used to use Ener-G egg replacer for baking. We know that there are various different ways to replace eggs (apple sauce, flax seeds, aquafaba, etc) , but my wife says that Ener-G was the best for some recipes. Unfortunately, you can't get it any more. (The last box we bought lasted a LONG time, so we don't know when they stopped making it.)

Does anyone know of a similar product?

I've never tried Ener-G, or any commercially made, but many here do. I am curious though, I've only used tapioca starch, or ground flax, or, silken tofu for things more dense and moist like coffee cake or brownies

Ener-G Ingredients: Potato starch, tapioca starch flour, leavening (calcium lactate [not derived from dairy], calcium carbonate, cream of tartar), Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose, methylcellulose.

Can you get Bob's Red Mill? These testers seem to favor it for eggless baking
This Is the Best Way To Bake Without Eggs
I

There website looks current and doesn't suggest it's discontinued--but I was surprised how many products they make,largely gluten free!'
Maybe they've dedicated so much to gluten free other products have been delayed?
Like how my favorite vegan mayo, from Just, switched to Just Egg and never found at an affordable price again 🙄