Elavated chol, trig after eating nutritarian

Sbowen

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I am almost 4 months on the nutritarian lifestyle. I have been super strict. No oil, butter, meat or dairy. My chol, trig have both went up by at least 30 points in a year. I was eating trim healthy mama prior to this without weight loss. Since eating nutritarian I have lost 20 pounds. I did eat a good bit of oatmeal on trim healthy mama and I completely stopped on nutritarian. Any suggestions

I am almost 4 months on the nutritarian lifestyle. I have been super strict. No oil, butter, meat or dairy. My chol, trig have both went up by at least 30 points in a year. I was eating trim healthy mama prior to this without weight loss. Since eating nutritarian I have lost 20 pounds. I did eat a good bit of oatmeal on trim healthy mama and I completely stopped on nutritarian. Any suggestions

Let's see. your last test was a year ago. You went up 30 points. you've been Nutriarian for 4 months and have lost 20 pounds.

My best guess is that the 30 point increase happened in the 8 months you weren't Nutritarian. In fact, you might have lost points in the last 4 months. I think there is a strong association/correlation between weight loss and cholesterol.

Don't know what Trim Healthy Mama is.

You didn't need to quit the oatmeal. Oatmeal is not only allowed on the Nutritarian diet - Its recommended. I know Fuhrman recommends fewer grains if you are trying to lose weight - but I think he still recommends 1 - 2 servings a day. You could have some oatmeal for breakfast and some rice with dinner. ( I eat a lot of stir fry over rice or black beans over rice for dinners. )

For breakfast this morning I made my oatmeal with soymilk. then added strawberries and ground flaxseed. Under 300 calories and about 15 g protein.

I failed to mention in 2018 my labs had dropped significantly while doing trim healthy mama(low carb mostly but can have berries, low fat dairy and of course low fat meat) from my 2017 labs. I followed no restrictions prior to 2017. I may be eating to much fruit causing my triglycerides to almost double. Thank you so much for your help.

Dr Goldhamer has mentioned cholesterol increasing with some patients, this is due to your body trying to eliminate the excess cholesterol so it actually appears in your bloods as part of the process. It settles back to normal later. If you are seeing results with nutritarian, stick to it :)

Okay. I have great results with everything except lab numbers. Thank you.

Is it also the same lab that you've tested on?

Weight loss should be correlated with a drop in total cholesterol. How does your LDL to HDL ratio look like?

Reactions: Lou