Easy Recipes

linea

Newcomer
Reaction score
I am a busy mom, and I would like to put more vegetables into my family's diet. I wondered if anyone could suggest yummy and easy vegetarian recipes? Is it possible to make yummy vegetarian recipes in the crockpot? I have looked on google for some recipes, but I thought it would be better to talk to some actual vegetarians and get some tips. I would also like to know which veggies have the most fat/protein because my child is under two and needs lots of protein/fat in her diet. Any suggestions would be much appreciated thanks! ;)

Hello! I think it is great that you want to cook healthy. This can be a great way to teach your child the importances of eating healthy. I know of meatless substitutes that will be helpful. Plus, they will be very simple to incorporate in your diet, and your child's diet. Iron is an essential nutrient for the body since it keeps your blood cells healthy. Iron is found in red meat such as beef. Some iron-rich foods are spinach, peas, raisins, iron-fortified grain products like pasta, cereal, and bread, and beans. Kids love these kinds of foods, so it will be easy to whip up some good recipes. Some healthy protein-rich foods are nuts and peanut buter. Kids love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, especially for lunch. I am sure your child will love rice and beans, pasta, raisins, and more. Try to make black bean burgers instead of beef burgers. They are rich in iron, protein, and some fat. Make them small, though. This is because you do not want to have too much protein and iron all at once. Cut it into small pieces for your child as well. Cut up all foods you give to your child in small pieces. This way they will be able to chew and swallow their food properly. I hope these tips helped! Happy cooking! :)

Wow this is great info thank you for being so thorough :) I think my little one will love these things! Does anyone have any suggestions for desert? I am a chocolate lover, so I am wondering if there is any way to incorporate that into something healthy?:p

Simple but yummy: Take a big slice of portabella mushroom, marinated in vegetarian Worcestershire sauce, and fry or grill it. Put it on a hamburger bun with cheese, onions, tomato, lettuce and anything else that appeals to you. It makes for a great veggieburger. Black beans make a great side dish with it.

Wow, that sounds so delicious! I love grilling and do it most evenings no matter what the weather. I'm going to put portabella mushrooms on my grocery list and have those veggie burgers this weekend. Thanks!

My Recipe is not about vegetable, but fruit. Allow me to share this because it is also suitable for your kids.

GUACAMOLE
4 ripe avocados
juice of 2 lemons or limes
1 tsp (5mL) salt (optional)
2 large onions, grated
2 tsp (10 mL) curry powder
pinch cayenne:cool:
few drops Tobasco sauce (optional)
chopped red chilli peppers, to garnish
taco or corn chips, to serve

Mash avocados with fork or blend in a food processor. Add lemon juice and salt. Add the remaining ingredients to the avocado. Cover with plastic wrap and chill to serve. Spoon into two bowls before serving. Garnish with chopped red chilli peppers. Serve with taco chips and vegetable sticks.

NOTE: For this versatile Mexican dish, look for very ripe avocados. If preparing in advance, mash avocados with a wooden spoon and store the finished guacamole in a jar with the avocado pits. This will prevent discoloring.

Makes 4 cups (1 L) :confused::p

Wow this is great info thank you for being so thorough :) I think my little one will love these things! Does anyone have any suggestions for desert? I am a chocolate lover, so I am wondering if there is any way to incorporate that into something healthy?:p

I've been seeing lots of recipes for brownies made with veggies. The latest one I remember was made with black beens. I've heard of all kinds of other options as well, including pureed beets. This is something I've been trying to learn more about as well. Not only because I love chocolate, but also because I'm trying to "sneak" more veggies into everyday foods and even desserts.

Last edited:
Hello linea, being a vegetarian, I can completely understand how difficult is to eat a balanced diet. We all vegetarians have to include varieties of food and plan a diet which meet all nutritional needs. I was also confused with my diet plans, then one of my friends suggested me to follow a food guide check this will include healthy and tasty recipes. Taste should also be given equal importance if you are in search of healthy recipes for your kids. You can also refer such kind of food guides for making healthy and tasty food.

I've been seeing lots of recipes for brownies made with veggies. The latest one I remember was made with black beens. I've heard of all kinds of other options as well, including pureed beets. This is something I've been trying to learn more about as well. Not only because I love chocolate, but also because I'm trying to "sneak" more veggies into everyday foods and even desserts.
Black bean brownies are so delish and a cinch to make. I make a batch weekly because I always get a craving for chocolate after dinner let me know if you would like a recipe. If chocolate isn't your thing, I also know of a recipe for blondies made with chickpeas!

You can look for websites that offer recipes for recipes and they will send you recipes that are full of nutrition and simple to follow.

I found this site with lots of different Health Conscious Books, many being vegan! My favorite is the Veggie Burger Recipe Book, since i am an athlete i like to keep my weight at about 170 (6'0 ft) and the burger recipes have helped keep my protein levels high enough for increases in muscle growth so thats a win for me !!!

The site name is InHouseReadzz