Eager to share ideas and tips!!

Hibou

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello my dear veggis!

I'm from Germany but last year I moved to Scotland. I have been a vegetarian for 2 years now and would love to share ideas and tips. Vegetarians are still quite rare in Scotland, even more so vegans.
The percentage of vegetarians and vegans is a lot higher in Germany and I personally felt a difference when I moved here about how people react to you whenever you say that you're a vegetarian.

Well let's see what we can share!
Have an awesome day :)
Hibou

Hello and welcome to VV (and to the UK!) :welcome:

If you're ever south of Scotland in England, there are some great places for vegetarians and vegans, but I don't know any personally higher up than Yorkshire :) Pop over to the UK forum though and some people might know of some good local places.

If you have any questions - just ask. :)

Good evening!
Wow so many replies so quickly! Didn't expect that.
Yes Hibou eans owl in French, I'm a big French an owl fan, they are just so cute!

I'll check out the UK group, though I actually know of a very nice place to eat vegetarian and vegan in Glasgow, but I never get the time to visit it.

:thanks:

I tried to upload a photo os a cute owl, but it didn't work. Are there any size restrictions?

Reactions: SummerRain
Were you trying to post it as a reply, or as your avatar? Your avatar has to be 200 x 200 pixels, but I don't think there are any size restrictions for pics you post as a reply. But if they're too big, you'll have trouble getting it posted. I know this from experience. :down:

I just wanted to post it as a reply. Working on my avatar atm, too ;)

If it's too big, a window pops up on the page telling you so, so if that didn't happen I don't think the pic is too big.

You can either click "upload a file "(bottom right, next to "post reply") and upload a pic from your PC, or click on the picture of a smiley face in a box (top tool bar, 7 from the right) and put in the image URL - but it needs to be the image location, not the URL of the page. The easiest way to get the image URL is to right click and select "copy image location". Hopefully that is some help?

Hi Hibou,
I was at a vegan gathering the other night and heard someone say that Edinburgh is quite good for vegans (although Scotland is a big place). I lived in Germany when I went vegan :) Welcome!