Dominion Documentary

Bitki

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Flexitarian
I started trying to watch this. I don't know why, to be educated, I couldn't get 10 minutes into it without turning it off, it was so horrific, I'm in tears. I thought I knew but the introductory to the pig farming was horrific. I didn't know it was that bad.

I can safely say that's it for me, I can't eat meat knowing that, it repulses me. I can not be a party to that. Ever. I never liked farmers and now I know why. My gut instinct about them was correct.

So I started off with plant based diet for health reasons but I don't want to eat meat if it means another animal goes through that. Nothing deserves to go through that.

I'm glad I put it on, I'm glad I saw and now know. I know I can't watch the rest but I don't need to, that was enough for me to know which path in life I'll take. I only wish I had done it earlier.

I feel happier knowing I am not the only one to feel like this too. I have been looking for forums to say what you just did, without people being horridly ignorant in response. I am 51, male and not ashamed to say I am devastated that this goes on and I too cried my eyes out within 10 minutes of watching. Obviously this is not the only film out there as I have seen a few, starting with Gary Yourofsky.

I wasn't impressed with how animals are killed (I now know there is no humane way) and been vegetarian for a over a year. But, I so didn't know the pain of dairy, so am transitioning to vegan the best way i can, a bit difficult with all the family not vegan or veggie but the wife will eat what i make most of the time which helps.
I still get very upset at random times of the day when I think about the films, but i put myself through it as far as i can to remind me to the core why I should stop eating dairy and just lead by example at home.

Feels weird writing all that as a 1st post, just hoping to be somewhere where others are at a similar level if you catch my drift

I started trying to watch this. I don't know why, to be educated, I couldn't get 10 minutes into it without turning it off, it was so horrific, I'm in tears. I thought I knew but the introductory to the pig farming was horrific. I didn't know it was that bad.

I can safely say that's it for me, I can't eat meat knowing that, it repulses me. I can not be a party to that. Ever. I never liked farmers and now I know why. My gut instinct about them was correct.

So I started off with plant based diet for health reasons but I don't want to eat meat if it means another animal goes through that. Nothing deserves to go through that.

I'm glad I put it on, I'm glad I saw and now know. I know I can't watch the rest but I don't need to, that was enough for me to know which path in life I'll take. I only wish I had done it earlier.

Reactions: Irene Adler
I feel happier knowing I am not the only one to feel like this too. I have been looking for forums to say what you just did, without people being horridly ignorant in response. I am 51, male and not ashamed to say I am devastated that this goes on and I too cried my eyes out within 10 minutes of watching. Obviously this is not the only film out there as I have seen a few, starting with Gary Yourofsky.

I wasn't impressed with how animals are killed (I now know there is no humane way) and been vegetarian for a over a year. But, I so didn't know the pain of dairy, so am transitioning to vegan the best way i can, a bit difficult with all the family not vegan or veggie but the wife will eat what i make most of the time which helps.
I still get very upset at random times of the day when I think about the films, but i put myself through it as far as i can to remind me to the core why I should stop eating dairy and just lead by example at home.

Feels weird writing all that as a 1st post, just hoping to be somewhere where others are at a similar level if you catch my drift

welcome to the forum and congrats on your decision to transition to vegan

There are a number of vegan husbands with non-vegan wives and vegan wives with non-vegan families on this forum and I am sure that they will support you in your new adventure.

I also cry even if I see a truck of pigs/cows out on the highway so I think it is a good thing that abusing animals makes us cry, let's not ever lose that compassion. The shock will dull over time but hopefully never dissipate completely.

Emma JC

As a raw vegan, no need to watch this doc. I feel the torture just by the premise. Docs like these are made to open the eyes of non vegan so at least they know the truth, then they have the choice, red or blue pill.

I just watched the first part of Dominion. Unfortunately, I need to watch these films to remind me of what I am capable of doing to other individuals. Please keep these film recommendations coming.

What is the difference between eating pigs and babies? I understand that babies taste better.

Ogre z.png

I just watched the first part of Dominion. Unfortunately, I need to watch these films to remind me of what I am capable of doing to other individuals. Please keep these film recommendations coming.

These are the ones I watch on YouTube, and I use the present tense as I have not yet been able to get through any one of them from end to end:

Land of Hope and Glory (UK 'Earthlings' Documentary)
Gary Yourofsky - The Most Important Speech You Will Ever Hear
Lucent (2014) - full documentary
VEGAN 2019 - The Film

and of course Dominion

Reactions: Hog
One of the bonuses of being vegan is that you don't have to watch such things or be a hypocrite by refusing to watch them. ( I prefer other forms of hypocrisy for myself :)