I often have apple and peanut butter for break at work and more than once, a particularly crisp apple would break off in my mount and I panicked as it filled my whole open mouth and very hard to remove! I've become more afraid of crisp apples!

That does sound scary. Apparently it is the reason why it is advised not to give PB to toddlers as it does act like glue.

I also that phophia of being afraid to swallow large amounts of either food or pills. I usually bite off tiny bits. :rolleyes:

I often have apple and peanut butter for break at work and more than once, a particularly crisp apple would break off in my mount and I panicked as it filled my whole open mouth and very hard to remove! I've become more afraid of crisp apples!
Yikes that is scary!

• Agree
Reactions: shyvas
Did you know which was the most stolen food in the world ?

Definitely one of the more surprising facts in this series, the most stolen food in the world is in fact cheese. Around 4% of ALL the cheese made in the world gets stolen. There's even a black market of stolen cheeses, but we didn't tell you that.

I gather that we can exclude vegan cheese ? :D

Did you know why Friday the 13 th is considered unlucky ?

"For whatever reason, among many cultures, the number 12 emerged throughout history as a "complete" number: There are 12 months in a year, 12 signs of the zodiac, 12 Gods of Olympus, 12 sons of Odin, 12 labors of Hercules, 12 Jyotirlingas or Hindu shrines where Shiva is worshipped, 12 successors of Muhammad in Shia Islam, and 12 tribes of Israel. In Christianity, Jesus was betrayed by one of his 12 Apostles—Judas—who was the 13th guest to arrive for the Last Supper. Surpassing the number 12 ostensibly unbalances the ideal nature of things; because it is seen as irregular and disrespectful of a sense of perfection, the number 13 bears the stigma of misfortune and bad luck we know today."

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
In Norway, people use the word ‘texas’ as slang for ‘crazy.

It doesn’t refer to a person, but rather a chaotic atmosphere or state of mind- so
saying a party ‘was totally crazy!’ in Norwegian would be ‘det var helt texas!,’ which literally means ‘it was totally texas!’

That does sound scary. Apparently it is the reason why it is advised not to give PB to toddlers as it does act like glue.

I also that phophia of being afraid to swallow large amounts of either food or pills. I usually bite off tiny bits. :rolleyes:
I was like that as a kid with pills. My mom had to smash them up and dilute them for me to get them down my throat. The taste put me off so much, that I found a way to get used to swallowing pills by the time I was 13 or so. :-D

I was like that as a kid with pills. My mom had to smash them up and dilute them for me to get them down my throat. The taste put me off so much, that I found a way to get used to swallowing pills by the time I was 13 or so. :-D

I still have to either crush or just chew the pills. :p

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and PTree15
I learned to do this at 7. It started with accidentally biting into a penicillin tablet that my mom was trying to get me to swallow. That was one of the worst tastes ever, so I figured out how to swallow the thing pretty quickly. My son, OTOH, I don't think he's ever swallowed a pill in his life. He's 17.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and shyvas
I learned to do this at 7. It started with accidentally biting into a penicillin tablet that my mom was trying to get me to swallow. That was one of the worst tastes ever, so I figured out how to swallow the thing pretty quickly. My son, OTOH, I don't think he's ever swallowed a pill in his life. He's 17.
Oh my gosh. I think mine was just a regular aspirin, but it was so bitter that it made me sick. After that, I thought, enough. I'm just going to do it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and shyvas
Did you know spaghetto, confetto, and graffito are the singular forms of spaghetti, confetti, and graffiti?

Although it might sound a little strange, the word for an individual piece of spaghetti is spaghetto. The same goes for a single piece of confetti, which is confetto, as well as a single piece of graffiti, which is graffito, according to Merriam-Webster.

:laughing:

Did you know that SANTA Claus was given an official pilots license in 1927?

When Santa Claus makes his trip around the world on Christmas Eve, you can rest assured that he's legally allowed to drive his sleigh—at least in the United States. In 1927, the jolly man in the red suit was given a pilot's license from the Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Aeronautics William P. MacCracken.

According to the Library of Congress, "The old saint called at the Commerce Department in Washington" and when he arrived, his picture was taken as he was given his license, airway maps, "and the assurance that the lights would be burning on the airways on Christmas Eve."

I think the worst ones were the cod liver capsules that were given to children in the 6°'s. Mine would somehow always burst open.:cold_sweat:
Aha, it was (still is) called "ryibiy zhir" ("fish fat"),- i was given it too when i was little, because ALL parents were compelled (by so-called therapists), that kids need these fish fat capsules to get Omega fatty acids and other vitamins. As a soviet kid, you simply couldn't avoid it. But it wasn't always like that,- it had been worse. In the 60th, it (fish fat) was in a liquid form only. E.g. my dad had to swallow this gruesome liquid as it is. Bleh...:hurl: Luckily, i avoided that fate: in the 80th, capsules appeared and i had to devour those capsules. But i hated them anyway, because their taste was still impressively repulsive, even from the outside (plus they were stinky). It was nauseating.:yuck:

Reactions: FlandersOD
Did you know spaghetto, confetto, and graffito are the singular forms of spaghetti, confetti, and graffiti?

Although it might sound a little strange, the word for an individual piece of spaghetti is spaghetto. The same goes for a single piece of confetti, which is confetto, as well as a single piece of graffiti, which is graffito, according to Merriam-Webster.

:laughing:

It's not like you're going to say, ''I'm craving a spaghetto'' but more like a 'huge bowl'. :D