Death threats for chef who boasted about spiking vegan diner's pizza

Why would the chef even assume that the person ordering a cheese pizza was vegan? It's perfectly normal for vegetarians and vegans to go out to dinner together. For all she knew, one of the vegans may have invited a vegetarian or meat-eating friend to join them.

One of the advantages of the story going almost viral is it send the message to all the eating establishments ,that if someone orders vegetarian/vegan thats what they want in return .

I still , in most cases , walk out to the kitchen and politely explain to the chef what I want .

I still , in most cases , walk out to the kitchen and politely explain to the chef what I want .

Well I am quoting my own posts, a bit weird , but anyway, this is why I go out to the kitchen (most places )to talk it through with the chef , keep it polite ,be clear about your requirements , but keep it to the point , call him /her by their first name . ....plus you can read their reaction .

Miss Davies said the waiter "went to talk to someone" and returned with an offer of the dish without the coleslaw and sauce.

Burger death woman 'checked with waiter'

Shahida Shahid, 18, suffered an allergic reaction from the buttermilk-marinated chicken burger she ate at the Almost Famous restaurant in Manchester.

She later collapsed "very suddenly", the city's coroners court was told.

The jury heard when she was taken ill, she was given an anti-allergy injection by a friend, but it was "just" out of date and had no effect.

Ms Shahid, from Worsley, Salford, went to the restaurant in the Great Northern Warehouse on Peter Street with four friends on 9 January 2015.

The University of Manchester student - who was studying for a masters in maths - had a dairy allergy and discussed the menu with the waiter before her meal, the court heard.

Sorry, but the original story posted here just doesn't fly ....

The chef now claims that she diligently prepared a special vegan menu, and that one of the vegans decided to order instead a cheese pizza ... which led her to claim she had "spiked" a vegan's food and that person "had gone to bed thinking they were still vegan" .... just ... nope. That is not what would happen if a vegan decided to order a pizza with cheese...

But of course, calling her with death threats is a very wrong answer :mad:

It sounds to me as though this could have been a case of a "vegan" who sometimes eats cheese, just as most of us have met "vegetarians" who eat chicken when the mood strikes them.

Why would a vegan assume that a pizza ordered off the menu anywhere other than at a purely vegan restaurant doesn't contain cheese?

Well I am quoting my own posts, a bit weird , but anyway, this is why I go out to the kitchen (most places )to talk it through with the chef , keep it polite ,be clear about your requirements , but keep it to the point , call him /her by their first name . ....plus you can read their reaction .

Miss Davies said the waiter "went to talk to someone" and returned with an offer of the dish without the coleslaw and sauce.

Burger death woman 'checked with waiter'

Shahida Shahid, 18, suffered an allergic reaction from the buttermilk-marinated chicken burger she ate at the Almost Famous restaurant in Manchester.

She later collapsed "very suddenly", the city's coroners court was told.

The jury heard when she was taken ill, she was given an anti-allergy injection by a friend, but it was "just" out of date and had no effect.

Ms Shahid, from Worsley, Salford, went to the restaurant in the Great Northern Warehouse on Peter Street with four friends on 9 January 2015.

The University of Manchester student - who was studying for a masters in maths - had a dairy allergy and discussed the menu with the waiter before her meal, the court heard.

You're right - waiters generally don't know all the ingredients in a dish. Often the cooks don't know either; a surprisingly high percentage of restaurants have food that is at least partially prepared before it gets to the restaurant.

It's why I never order rice or other foods that are traditionally prepared with meat broth. And I know if at least one local restaurant that simmers a beef bone in its marinara sauce.

If I had a serious food allergy, I'd confine myself to salads or steamed vegetables if eating out, and even that would make me nervous.

I was excited when, a few years ago, a local pizzeria started advertising that they had vegan mozzarella. About the third time I called to order a pizza with the vegan cheese, the young man taking my order says, “you know, we put cheese in our pizza sauce”. I was floored, although I don’t know why I didn’t think to question the sauce. Maybe because it seemed obvious that if I were ordering pizza with vegan cheese I would expect the entire pizza to be vegan? I was lucky the young man knew enough to inform me or I’d still be eating their pizza. But it’s on me. Every time something like this happens it reminds me to never assume anything.

I was excited when, a few years ago, a local pizzeria started advertising that they had vegan mozzarella. About the third time I called to order a pizza with the vegan cheese, the young man taking my order says, “you know, we put cheese in our pizza sauce”. I was floored, although I don’t know why I didn’t think to question the sauce. Maybe because it seemed obvious that if I were ordering pizza with vegan cheese I would expect the entire pizza to be vegan? I was lucky the young man knew enough to inform me or I’d still be eating their pizza. But it’s on me. Every time something like this happens it reminds me to never assume anything.
I amazed at some of the ingredients that end up in foods we'd assume to be vegan-friendly.