Dating Tips - Middle Aged Men

I don't know about 1 & 2. I wouldn't drive an hour for a first date and don't think it's necessarily fair to ask the guy to do that, some place in the middle would be best. Also, I wouldn't want to meet too close to where I live in case they're a creep.

I also wouldn't want to be the one deciding where to eat, I'd rather discuss it and find a place we both like. I wouldn't be comfortable expecting him to eat somewhere he doesn't like and vice versa.

Not too thrilled with number 8 either. I might find it creepy if someone I barely knew started complimenting me in the middle of a conversation. :hmm:

The one big thing I would add that wasn't there is turn your phone off unless you have a babysitter that needs to reach you in an emergency, or something similar. If you spend your time talking or texting with a buddy during the date, consider the date over, especially if it's a first date.

I don't know about 1 & 2. I wouldn't drive an hour for a first date and don't think it's necessarily fair to ask the guy to do that, some place in the middle would be best. Also, I wouldn't want to meet too close to where I live in case they're a creep.

I also wouldn't want to be the one deciding where to eat, I'd rather discuss it and find a place we both like. I wouldn't be comfortable expecting him to eat somewhere he doesn't like and vice versa.

Not too thrilled with number 8 either. I might find it creepy if someone I barely knew started complimenting me in the middle of a conversation. :hmm:

The one big thing I would add that wasn't there is turn your phone off unless you have a babysitter that needs to reach you in an emergency, or something similar. If you spend your time talking or texting with a buddy during the date, consider the date over, especially if it's a first date.

I agree about meeting somewhere in the middle unless he insists.

Yes, it's always better to agree especially if you're going dutch.

I think that it's better to have the phone on. In case you need to flee you can always ask someone to call and it could
be an excuse to leave early.

I find that first dates are usually stressful and you never know what to expect. People often act very differently when you actually meet them.

I know a woman who actually met her partner on an online dating site and they are happy together.

eHarmony Advice - Dating Advice and Relationship Advice

I am sorry to have to say that allowing the woman to choose the place will often have bad results, especially if the man is paying. If I pick the place the dinner will cost $X. If she picks the place, the dinner will likely cost 3$X-10$X. Also important is to analyze the bill and total the cost of liquor separately from the cost of the food. If the liquor costs more than the food portion, this suggests something negative, in my opinion.

I am sorry to have to say this, but this has been my experience.

I am not saying that the woman should never be allowed to choose the place where you dine, only that this is probably not a good idea for the first or second date.