Just throwing this out there...

vegana9

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
You guys, I'd really like a boyfriend. I'm a sweet, smart, middle-aged woman, seeking a man between the ages of 26 and 55. He would be vegan(for the animals, at least), an earth sign(Virgo, Capricorn, Taurus), and live in Illinois. He wouldn't be religious. He would also be sweet and smart. :) Anyone out there on this forum who have all of these qualities and would want to date?

It would be nice to be able to seek dates on this site by being able to see each other's sun signs, spiritual beliefs, etc. This is in response to JacobEdward's Algorithmic Matching-Vegan Dating thread.

It is so difficult to find someone "organically" if you are looking for someone vegan. Ugh.

as one of the moderators already stated, on the other thread, there are maybe not enough members to allow for a lot of choices and there are options both locally and online - it definitely doesn't hurt to put the information out there in many formats and kudos to you for being clear about what you wish to attract! I think that is vital. I met my honey over 21 years ago, through an online website and I was very specific about what I was looking for... it worked.... and we shared the journey to veganism together

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Wishing you the best of luck Vegana9! Have you also looked at Vegan dating apps? I just downloaded one called Veggly. However, I haven't completed the registration process as of yet.

I separated from my girlfriend almost 4 months ago. She was beautiful with a golden heart and Vegan. But things started to change and so did her lifestyle. I still miss her everyday....I've been listening to this song often thinking of her...

Sorry! I didn't mean to go off topic! Once again, good luck finding your dream VEGAN guy! I'm sure he is also looking for you! ;) :)

You guys, I'd really like a boyfriend. I'm a sweet, smart, middle-aged woman, seeking a man between the ages of 26 and 55. He would be vegan(for the animals, at least), an earth sign(Virgo, Capricorn, Taurus), and live in Illinois. He wouldn't be religious. He would also be sweet and smart. :) Anyone out there on this forum who have all of these qualities and would want to date?

It would be nice to be able to seek dates on this site by being able to see each other's sun signs, spiritual beliefs, etc. This is in response to JacobEdward's Algorithmic Matching-Vegan Dating thread.

It is so difficult to find someone "organically" if you are looking for someone vegan. Ugh.
As a vegan that used to live in Illinois I want to say good luck. If you are central Illinois like I was, I know there are not many options but there was a vegan/vegetarian group that used to meet up for lunches in Springfield Illinois and I would recommend joining if close enough. If southern Illinois, look towards St Louis, Cape G, etc for groups. Meet friends first and boyfriend second.

Hugs and good luck.

If you live in the Chicago area, there a few large vegetarian/vegan Meetup groups:

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
So you want somebody as young as 26? Why not, I guess it' s going to increase the chance of finding somebody. Personnally, if I was single, I wouldn't see myself with somebody younger than 45 but what do I know.

So you want somebody as young as 26? Why not, I guess it' s going to increase the chance of finding somebody. Personnally, if I was single, I wouldn't see myself with somebody younger than 45 but what do I know.
I would say that it probably isn't our business.

Before I found my wife, I went out with women who were 10-15 years older than me. They were lovely.

Last edited:
I once read that the youngest person you should go out with is your own age divided in half, and add 7.
Sounds overly simplistic (and some people will just instinctively resist what seems to be a mathematical formuale for love!), but seems to work amazingly well.
I think it´s a pretty good rule of thumb, works for any age.
In reverse would be the oldest person you should go out with - take 7 off your age, and double.
If you are (first number).....the youngest you should go out with (second number)-oldest (third number)
14......14-14
18......16-22
22......18-30
30......22-46
40......27-66
50......32-86
60......37-106

It´s clearly never going be an exact rule but in general if you are the age on the left you don´t want to go outside this range on the right. You will be in different places in your lives, talking about different things, and finding it harder to bond.. The younger one may have a danger of falling faster and harder in love and getting hurt. Outside these ranges makes you a talking point and would be awkward when you meet and hang out with their friends.

Rules of thumb are often simple mathematical formulae and they have always intrigued, frustrated or amused me. A once popular one was to do with blood pressure. Your systolic should be your age plus 100 and your diastolic should be half that.

Jamie’s has brought all sorts of very silly thoughts to mind. I was fourteen and a half when I first asked out my wife to be and she was fifteen and a half (fractions matter a lot at that age: think of Adrian Mole).

And here we are sixty-three years later. She now says that she was attracted to me because of my long eyelashes, Canadian accent and clean fingernails. She also says she would never have gone out with me had she known I was such a young ‘un. And Jamie’s rule does place me at three months too young for her and her at six months too old for me!

If we were now seeking partners the youngest they should be is forty-six. My wife might be accused of looking for a toy-boy and I of seeking a sex kitten.

At the top of the scale our potential partners could be over 140 years. There aren’t many of those who still have a spark of life left in them.

Roger.