Daiya jalapeno garlic havarti wedge

Ansciess

Forum Legend
Reaction score
This is the best vegan cheese I've tried yet!

It melts great, spreads, no weird chemical flavor or aftertaste, has a nice spicy flavor.

It's been a very long time since I've had dairy cheese, but I think this one could even fool dairy cheese eaters.

It's about $5 for 7 oz. in my area, but a little seems to go a long way.

Reactions: AspireToExpire
Good to know. I had stopped buying vegan cheeses because they were all so nasty.

Thanks! Every time I thought of trying it, the shreds were on sale...I got shreds!
Shouldn't the new stuff be on sale :argh:
Wow, what a lot of smiles :weird:

Any one try the other flavors?
I'm almost worried about liking it, the longer I'm vegan the more I seem to want the "faux" stuff--because it just tastes different instead of like the real thing!

Thanks! Every time I thought of trying it, the shreds were on sale...I got shreds!..

I'm almost worried about liking it, the longer I'm vegan the more I seem to want the "faux" stuff--because it just tastes different instead of like the real thing!

I think the cheddar shreds are interesting - you can make a Kraft-style macaroni and cheese with them, or quesadillas, etc.

But I think jalapeno havarti is a new level of commercially available vegan cheese. (O.k. - that's probably a set-up for too high of an expectation - but it is the best I've tried yet).

I wouldn't eat veg cheese if it actually tasted like dairy cheese - the cow-y taste of dairy is repulsive to me. Even if I didn't mind the cruelty aspect of dairy I wouldn't eat it. For some reason dairy eaters don't seem to notice this horrible taste ;)

I have not seen that variety ... but I am going to my local HFS for some Daiya cheddar shreds tomorrow and will check if they have this! I like the cheddar shreds and have made mac & cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches with it. I think it is fantastic! I didn't have as good an experience with the mozzarella shreds but may have to try again.