Crockapalooza (July 28-31, 2016)

You know, there's a HUGE drawback to this whole cook-fest idea and it's really ticking me off...

...I don't get to eat any of the awesomeness that everyone is making. *pout*

Lol

I'm not sure what my plans are for the weekend. And I also have a hard time with crock potting because I find I have to be too organized and have it planned as far as start time goes. I only use the crockpot if I'm going to be home or overnight. I'm afraid to leave it cooking otherwise. Crazy, I know, as that's what it's designed for. But I will be in and out of the thread often, keeping an eye on all of the deliciousness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Freesia
You know, there's a HUGE drawback to this whole cook-fest idea and it's really ticking me off...

Lol

I'm not sure what my plans are for the weekend. And I also have a hard time with crock potting because I find I have to be too organized and have it planned as far as start time goes. I only use the crockpot if I'm going to be home or overnight. I'm afraid to leave it cooking otherwise. Crazy, I know, as that's what it's designed for. But I will be in and out of the thread often, keeping an eye on all of the deliciousness.

Weren' t you planning to make lasagne using your slow cooker/crockpot KL ?;)

Lol

Yeah, I'm gonna hafta keep a close eye on mine as well.... recipe says cooking time is 7-9 hours, but the dinky little slow-cooker says not to run continuously for more than 6 hours. :confused: :shrug: I definitely will NOT leave it overnight. LOL

Weren' t you planning to make lasagne using your slow cooker/crockpot KL ?;)
Yeah, well, you know what they say about best laid plans!

^^^I feel the same way about leaving a slow cooker unattended- I just worry. When I'm home, even if I dropped off to sleep, I have smoke detectors so I could either bug outta there (with any companion animals and human guests) or douse the fire while the Fire Department was on the way. (I'm wary of carbon monoxide/smoke- I wouldn't do anything suicidal. Ever.

Anyway, I'm making my pea soup/stew/whatever tonight. I don't have a digital camera so I won't be able to post any pix (unless I borrow one). I bought the jalapenos, but I'm stopping off at the supermarket to see if I get any other ideas. Someone mentioned potatoes in another thread, which sounds very tasty to me...

KLS, you can post any meal you make, it doesnt have to be a crockpot :) But I understand if you are having a busy weekend. :) We will appreciate your presence, enjoying the cooking photos :) .

Reactions: KLS52
I don't have a digital camera so I won't be able to post any pix
Nor do I. Hey, I've STILL got my very old semi-"smart" phone (LG NV Touch) that I still take pics on & is MY phone.... I used to send food pics to my 2nd Moco-pro to resize & brighten (even with the "intelligent" features on the phone, the lighting at home isn't great), but Moco took away their photo editor.... now it's send to that same pro (from my phone), right-click, save, upload to FotoFlexer (Thanks, Joe!! :)), and go from there.... it's not easy, but I remember having to wait a minimum of two weeks to see photographs! :p

It's a bit of a pain, but in the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't bother me all that much. :cool:

KLS, you can post any meal you make, it doesnt have to be a crockpot :) But I understand if you are having a busy weekend. :) We will appreciate your presence, enjoying the cooking photos :) .
:smitten:

Anyone cooked yet?
Not yet, but I made my shopping list tonight! I'll shop tomorrow, probably gonna cook everything & stay over at Jer's on Friday, so we can both eat.... but I won't be able to post pics until Saturday.

Oh, that's right, it's Thursday for you! Happy Crockapalooza, Freesia!! :hug: Yay!! :jump:

I need to eat, game, read, sleep... in that order... but I shall return anon! :mcat: Cat, out.

With the way this week has been going, I don't think I'll be able to make anything until next week, lol. Alas, I will enjoy all the photos and hopefully make the next 'palooza!

Ok, got my shopping list... it's vague, but I know exactly what I'm looking for.
  • Lentils (2 kinds)
  • Quinoa
  • Low-sodium veggie broth
  • Taco shells
  • Onion
  • Garlic
  • Lettuce
  • Tomato
  • Picante or salsa of some sort
  • Shredded cheese (vegan & regular, without animal enzymes)
  • Fresh cilantro if it looks decent, maybe a couple whole jalapenos to throw in the pot
I just want to get in, get my sh*t, and get the hell out... no searching, no hold-ups, no waiting, no silently screaming to myself MOVE IT, BITCHES!!! because the Real Housewives of Mid-Michigan are busy gabbing away & blocking my path.... :brood:

Maybe the cutie-pie I met in the bottle return area will be working today. "Jake" is building a mini-home & plans to have an entire wall decorated with bottle caps. I have a big bagful of sexy green ones for him. :leer:

Reactions: Freesia and PTree15
With the way this week has been going, I don't think I'll be able to make anything until next week, lol. Alas, I will enjoy all the photos and hopefully make the next 'palooza!

Never mind. It is good to have an audience for our photos. :)

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
Ok, got my shopping list... it's vague, but I know exactly what I'm looking for.
  • Lentils (2 kinds)
  • Quinoa
  • Low-sodium veggie broth
  • Taco shells
  • Onion
  • Garlic
  • Lettuce
  • Tomato
  • Picante or salsa of some sort
  • Shredded cheese (vegan & regular, without animal enzymes)
  • Fresh cilantro if it looks decent, maybe a couple whole jalapenos to throw in the pot
I just want to get in, get my sh*t, and get the hell out... no searching, no hold-ups, no waiting, no silently screaming to myself MOVE IT, BITCHES!!! because the Real Housewives of Mid-Michigan are busy gabbing away & blocking my path.... :brood:

Maybe the cutie-pie I met in the bottle return area will be working today. "Jake" is building a mini-home & plans to have an entire wall decorated with bottle caps. I have a big bagful of sexy green ones for him. :leer:

Sounds like a great list, and a trip to the supermarket is always enhanced by cute workers... :)

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
Anyone cooked yet?
Yup! I didn't find anything else to put in my jalapeno-pea stew... yet... but I put half of it in the fridge and half in the freezer. Instead of reheating it in portions as I have it, I'll cook different things- potatoes, different vegetables, maybe pasta or rice... and add some cold soup/stew to whatever I just cooked. It'll be like I made half-a-dozen different concoctions! (I do that a lot with legume dishes I make, actually- I use them as a base for something which changes every meal, depending on what else I'm having.)

Reactions: PTree15 and Freesia