Crockapalooza (July 28-31, 2016)

MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
Reaction score
slowcooker_2739447b.jpg

Hey, kids! Bust out those slow-cookers 'cuz it's Crockapalooza time!! :jump:

No need to heat up the entire house with hours of baking.... this is the stress-free, kick-back-and-relax kind of cooking. :smile:

No slow-cooker? Just choose an easy, one-dish meal.

Share your meal ideas & experiences here! And don't forget, this is over the course of four whole days, so there's absolutely NO pressure whatsoever.... :cool: Pick a day! Hell, pick two! How many hours do you need? Will your dish cook overnight? Will it take all weekend? LOL

Let's do this! :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reactions: Second Summer
Unless something else piques my interest & appetite (I doubt it), I'm gonna go with a lentil/quinoa taco filling. :)

The recipe I looked at (2-3 weeks ago, healthyslowcooking.com) was for only six tacos. That's just ridiculous. I'll have a very large slow-cooker, so I'm gonna triple the recipe. I'll do the conversion later. LOL :rolleyes:

• ¼ cup (48 g) brown lentils
  • ¼ cup (48 g) beluga lentils or brown lentils
  • ¼ cup (43 g) quinoa, rinsed
  • 2 cups (475 ml) water
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • ½ teaspoon chili powder
  • ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 6 soft or hard corn taco shells (use gluten-free shells to make this gluten-free and use fat free soft taco shells to keep it oil-free)

I plan to omit the salt and use low-sodium veggie broth instead of water... and do my own thing with the spices. Like, where the hell's the cumin, people?!? Oooh, chipotle & cilantro are definitely joining the party, too.... ;)

OMG, I haven't had tacos in roughly two years and I am JONESIN'!! :drool: I want these so bad....
meatlessfriday-lentil-quinoa-tacos.jpg

I want to eat tacos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Freesia
@Moll Flanders Checked out that link, began scrolling, then I froze on http://plantpoweredkitchen.com/chickpea-artichoke-bliss-dish-vegan/
Ohhh, sooo many of my favorite foods all in one dish!! (I'd omit balsamic & olives {sodium}, & the **gag** raisins... blehh)
But potatoes, chickpeas, & artichokes!?! :drool: Not to mention the tomato & red bell pepper, the fresh basil & garlic! OMG, somebody please make this.... This is definitely on my to-do list. ;)

Looks as if I may need to use my folks' old Crockpot... however, I'll have less than a week to scrounge up a replacement lid. :tinfoilhat:

Checked the weather forecast... it's gonna be stormy & hot & humid... I'm not turning on an oven. LOL

Ya know, on second thought, I'd be smarter & safer to just get a new one. I found a Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go 6-quart Slow Cooker at Bed Bath & Beyond.... it's already less expensive than the same ones I see sold online.... plus with my 20%-off coupon, it'll be less than $30! :) Great reviews, too!

There were cheaper ones, but of course, none were available within 50 miles of me.... :dismay:

I'll have to haul my *** to Sagnasty this week & nab that sucker. LOL

Reactions: PTree15 and Freesia
I should be just ready to cook again by that point as I have a few days of soup. :)

Feeling a bit lethargic after what has been a pretty rough winter. But I am sure I can take photos of something I end up making.

I still don't have a new crockpot, lol. I will be away this weekend, but I will make something during the week and post over the weekend. I am considering either veggie chili or seitan stew.