US Cream of Wheat printable coupons (USA)

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
With cooler weather here and winter on the way, Cream of Wheat hot cereal should be well appreciated. It's got plenty of fiber and iron and comes in an instant variety for busy mornings. I think the original is vegan; I'm not sure about the other flavors.

http://creamofwheat.com/promotions/

You can also go to the main page of http://creamofwheat.com and click on promotions and coupons or type coupons into the search engine.

The coupons are provided by SmartSource, and the CoW site provides help for printing out SmartSource coupons if you need it.

If you're not sure where you can buy Cream of Wheat, scroll down on the coupon page and click on the link.

ETA: The site also provides ingredient and nutritional information on the CoW products. Click on the Nutritional Information link.

With cooler weather here and winter on the way, Cream of Wheat hot cereal should be well appreciated. It's got plenty of fiber and iron and comes in an instant variety for busy mornings. I think the original is vegan; I'm not sure about the other flavors.

http://creamofwheat.com/promotions/

You can also go to the main page of http://creamofwheat.com and click on promotions and coupons or type coupons into the search engine.

The coupons are provided by SmartSource, and the CoW site provides help for printing out SmartSource coupons if you need it.

If you're not sure where you can buy Cream of Wheat, scroll down on the coupon page and click on the link.

ETA: The site also provides ingredient and nutritional information on the CoW products. Click on the Nutritional Information link.
Yum I love Cream of Wheat and Cream of Rice. Is that vegan too, I think so.

I love Cream of Wheat so, so much.

Edit: I'm disappointed to see that the chocolate flavor has dairy in it. I've still got a bit left over from last winter, and I'll finish what is in the pantry.

Edit 2: I really want to learn to make rava kesari this year. Obviously with vegan margarine instead of ghee.

Is Cream of Wheat the same as Farina? I hate Googling from my iPhone. :p

/bump

I was going to start a new thread until I remembered that I already did - last year. It's that time of year when hot oatmeal is once again appreciated in one's tummy. :)

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
:eek: WTF? Are you saying even coupons clipped from a coupon insert aren't accepted anymore?

No, those are fine. But not many stores take coupons printed off the internet, like from coupons.com. The Cream of Wheat coupon that comes up prints via SmartSource, which almost no one here takes anymore.

I think those are too easily faked, so stores just stopped taking them altogether, rather than get burned by people with fake coupons. (There were recently some fakes going around my office, for $7 off tp and $9 off laundry soap. I figured out they were fake, and some of my coworkers still tried to use them after I told them. Half the people were denied at the registers. The other half spent time driving from store to store until they found someplace to take them.)

That's a shame that a few people have to ruin something for everyone. Most people are honest when it comes to using coupons. :(

I'm a big Cream of Rice fan. I found this recipe online and now I can make my own. Much cheaper.

Cream of Rice
Makes approximately five servings (3/4 cup each)

Ingredients

1 cup of uncooked rice (I prefer to use brown)
4 1/2 cups liquid (water, milk or any non dairy milk)
3/4 tsp salt (optional)

Method

1. Grind rice coarsely in a blender, food processor or coffee grinder.
2. Heat liquid over medium hit to a slow boil.
3. Add rice and stir.
4. Cover and simmer for about 4 minutes, until thickened.
5. Serve with desired toppings. (I like brown sugar, raisins, and a splash of vanilla soy milk)

It's my understanding you can do this with any grain to make a 'cream of'.

Reactions: thefadedone
I've been eating a lot of farina lately. I was able to print a coupon for the cream of wheat from the link, even though it's an old link from 2012. The coupon is good through 4/24/14. I will try it at my supermarket and see if they accept it. Can't hurt. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Reactions: Amy SF
I've been eating a lot of farina lately. I was able to print a coupon for the cream of wheat from the link, even though it's an old link from 2012. The coupon is good through 4/24/14. I will try it at my supermarket and see if they accept it. Can't hurt. Maybe I'll get lucky.

What is it like? I like oatmeal but I'm not a fan of pureed foods or mushy foods. Farina/Cream of Wheat just seems like a bowl of mush. Not appealing at all. However, I am attracted to the fact that it's super high in iron.

What is it like? I like oatmeal but I'm not a fan of pureed foods or mushy foods. Farina/Cream of Wheat just seems like a bowl of mush. Not appealing at all. However, I am attracted to the fact that it's super high in iron.
Similar in flavor just a finer texture and cooks faster.
If you limit or cook off the liquid it's not mushy at all, it's a lump. (actually if you just let it sit it often does this) The trick is getting the moisture level at the right level where it's not too loose but not a solid mass.

Yes, you can control the thickness. It is definitely smooth and creamy. I like it on the thick side. I make a double batch with one cup water, one cup almond milk and four tablespoons of farina. I let it cook 3-5 minutes then I add a pat of EB. It starts to thicken as it sits (like dropkick said). I then add silk creamer until it's the right consistency for me. And sweetener of course. Lately I've been adding fresh strawberries. I refrigerate the leftovers which will really harden but once I microwave it, it softens so I can add the Silk creamer again. It's kind of a process but I have it down to a science, lol. I'm just particular with how I like it. I think most people just follow the box directions and eat. Whatever you do, stay away from the instant kind. It's just yuck, IMO. If you are thinking of trying it you want your first experience to be a decent one. And it's nothing like oatmeal. :)