US Controversy over canceled sex talk at hacker convention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, this is a tempest in a tea pot.

Trolling guideline # 7
When you've been called out - insert light-hearted cliches' into your posts that are dismissive that any of the arguments being made are a big deal.

Seriously Das - I occasionally thought you had some quality input here and there on this forum. What the hell?

Quite frankly, I'm not "chickenshit" (as you said) to tell you to your face (after all, you are still a member of that forum).

So stop pretending otherwise.
I'm not talking about me; I do not care about your opinion of me, or how and where you choose to express it. I'm talkng about things you've said about others. For just one example, going on about how impolite to IS it is to even talk about this on VV, while being perfectly comfortable joining in on ugliness about IS and Jen on GB. That's just one example of how chickenshit and dishonest you are.

This is about a misogynistic homophobe doing his best to cloud the real issues people want to discuss in an attempt to appear morally superior to the rest of us, and trying to fool people he surely thinks of as "mind-boggling stupid twats who are something you would normally scrape off of your shoe" into thinking he's a champion of women's rights.

Pay attention to this thread - I'm not the one claiming that a woman who gets up to speak to a group of men about sexual issues must be some sort of sex worker intending to titillate the audience based on her name or her clothing.

It's others who have been quick to judge, which states far less about my way of thinking and far more about their assumptions of women and their default roles in society.

And who are you quoting in your post? It isn't me. Interesting how you threw that quote in there. You wouldn't have intended to imply that I said that on another forum, would you? That would be rather dishonest.

You know, you've quoted how to troll, but some could say your actions are more consistent with you working on your own style.

As for that "good laugh" I supposedly had, it was two comments to the effect that I didn't think the discussion was going to quickly become a discussion on how to judge women on what they wear or what names they go by.

And yes, I agreed with someone else that the discussion wasn't rational. Guess what, it isn't. It isn't rational to judge people by what posters appear to assume they wear while giving a conference talk. Nor is it rational to assume that just because part of someone's name could be a reference to sex, they must be a sex worker (which surely, you must agree, Pickle Juice).

If you want to discuss the issue I posted about originally in this thread, do so. If you want to engage in mudslinging, veiled ad hominems, and unfounded accusations, well, you've already done so.

For just one example, going on about how impolite to IS it is to even talk about this on VV, while being perfectly comfortable joining in on ugliness about IS and Jen on GB. That's just one example of how chickenshit and dishonest you are.

Would it be "dishonest" to refer to someone else's post on another forum, while implying that the poster's posts on that forum are very derogatory? Not to mention that the post in question (I think) is almost five years old and a joking reply to someone else. (And isn't it pretty pathetic to refer to a joke written in 2008 in an attempt to malign me to the board's administrator?)

Would it be "chickenshit" to not even have the backbone to log into that forum and make those accusations there? The same forum you were a frequent commenter on? The same forum you know you'd be called out on for your crap?

Stop projecting your own vices on other people.

Yes, I realize that my comments on another forum, and the debate you and others want to stir up provide a very convenient smokescreen to hide your views of women and their roles.

Why not focus on your posts in this forum, in this very thread?

But I suspect that you (and certain others) will continue to focus on what happened somewhere else, instead of focusing what assumptions you made about Ms. Blue and a woman's role at a hacker convention.

Pay attention to this thread...
Pay attention to this das_nut. If it were up to me and a few other people, you would have been banned days ago. Keep that in mind the next time you decide to indulge yourself in tossing homophobic slurs at the man who owns this forum, and is gracious enough to allow you to remain here.

Status
Not open for further replies.