Conservative arguments for being vegan.

Hog

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Here are two non-threatening and inoffensive arguments for being vegan

01. I am not telling anyone to stop eating meat. I am not trying to regulate the meat industry. I am making a choice to avoid meat. I look forward to the day that big business makes big bucks from creating innovative vegan products. Thus, Capitalism is a great instrument for promoting veganism.
02. The Bible teaches that we are stewards of this planet. Veganism is completely consistent with being good stewards. This is my way of showing to God my appreciation for his beautiful creation. Please do not let me stop you from being thankful to God in your own special way.

========

By the way, in the long run, the animal rights vegans will politically and economically dominate the world because cruelty is wrong. It does not matter who suffers. It only matters that suffering is taking place.

I should clarify my opinion a bit.

I really do not want to disrespect Republicans or Democrats. I generally do not share my political opinions with my sons because I want them to figure out things for themselves.

Vegans are far more likely to be Democrats than Republicans. But, we still have lots of Republican vegans.

I should clarify my opinion a bit.

I really do not want to disrespect Republicans or Democrats. I generally do not share my political opinions with my sons because I want them to figure out things for themselves.

Vegans are far more likely to be Democrats than Republicans. But, we still have lots of Republican vegans.
Dude, you're funny. I laugh at a lot of your comments that push boundaries. In that regard, I bow to your prowess and audacity.

I'm fairly certain people felt comfortable having a lol on your thread, because it's your modus operandi. I think we were, as the Brits would say, 'taking the ****'… you know, joking with truth rather than being disrespectful. Also, -generally speaking- conservatives don't want to be vegan without there being something in it for them. I've lived in Tennessee most of my life and love quite a few conservatives, as they're family.

Reactions: Poppy and Hog
@ Sax. I agree with you 100%.

We should subsidize tobacco and hops instead.

Thank you for the compliment MoreGreens. I am a little autistic. So many of my jokes are purely accidental.

09 - If I can learn how these companies who're making phony meat make a profit, I can cut cost, globalize labor and turn this into something that will really change the world!

I had a conservative Baptist preacher wife tell me .
If you go to food pantries then you cannot afford to be vegan. They also said if i complain about them giving animal products I am ungrateful for free food. They also said hopefully you will get enough protein. They also say to me how come you can afford vegan food when freezer stuff is expensive?

09. I feel I have a patriotic duty to donate blood products every week. We have a severe shortage of blood products in the United States. Thus, humans do not always get the medical treatments that they need and deserve. I am reasonably healthy and I have safe disease-free blood. So, my blood is the good stuff.

In my slightly biased experience, going vegan makes donating blood products more comfortable. Being vegan also reduces the chance of a blood donation going wrong to the point where the nurse needs to stop the donation process and throw away the blood. One nurse said that two things cause donations to go bad. The first is dehydration. The second is lipids from things like meat and ice cream. In addition, high lipid levels make testing blood for diseases much more difficult.

Thus, even if I have no objections to eating murdered animals, I can not eat animal products for the sake of the my fellow Americans.

By the way, I liked getting pampered by cute young nurses. The experience of donating blood is similar to eating out at a super fancy restaurant.

Reactions: Blues
If you go to food pantries then you cannot afford to be vegan. They also said if i complain about them giving animal products I am ungrateful for free food. They also said hopefully you will get enough protein. They also say to me how come you can afford vegan food when freezer stuff is expensive?

I understand that food subsidies in the US that are biased towards animal ag, as well as for sugar, in tandem with the very high dependence on industry agriculture for all food stuffs have resulted in high prices for fruit and vegetables. If that information is correct, she might be partially correct in what she says. I think if I was living in the US, even in just an apartment, I'd be cultivating a small indoor food forest using whatever space/resources I could that were affordable and suitable to the situation.

Have you looked into Food Not Bomb's? All vegan, all volunteer.