Companion Animal Memorial Thread

My rat Jesse died in my arms today. I tried to get him better, but he couldn't breathe. Nothing helped. He was such a sweet heart, even licked my fingers as the vet gave him a Decadron shot. I knew he didn't have much time left, since he was losing weight, despite my efforts to keep him eating. Still I'll miss him tons.

My rat Jesse died in my arms today. I tried to get him better, but he couldn't breathe. Nothing helped. He was such a sweet heart, even licked my fingers as the vet gave him a Decadron shot. I knew he didn't have much time left, since he was losing weight, despite my efforts to keep him eating. Still I'll miss him tons.
So sorry Danielle. 💙

He had cancer. He had been going downhill for a few months, but yesterday morning when I woke up, I realized he wasn't doing well at all. He hadn't finished his kale from the night before, so I knew something was wrong. I called a new vet, took him in, and he didn't even need to tell me, I already knew. He had a seizure in my arms, so they rushed him off to put him down (upon my request, I didn't want him to suffer). I'm glad I got my shift covered yesterday because he would have died alone in his cage. :( He had lost so much weight and wasn't a perky and puffy bunny anymore. It was his time.

I took down his cage yesterday, I couldn't handle seeing it anymore. I would see it and look for him, out of habit. He was the best bunny.
I too lost my bunnies, it was beyond heartbreaking.
I lost my boy Jimby in 2018 and my Cookie in 2022. It does get easier but the pain never goes away.
My heart goes out to you xx

Last edited: