Coffee Drinkers-What type of milk do you use?

DivineSpark

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Do you drink coffee? If yes, what type of milk do you use on it? (almond,coconut,soy or something else)

I am big fan of coffee, I even drink three cups per day during winter, during summer less.

You can see stats here (I am from Finland) Finns are coffee obsessed drinkers.

Mostly I drink strong decaf coffee with a bit of organic brown sugar...
When I am out I will have either a Soy cappuccino or Oat milk cappuccino also made with decaf...

I’m the wrong person to ask lol. As someone who was a heavy half and half user, and sometimes even heavy cream, for my coffee, the only thing I can drink in my coffee is Silk Original Soy Creamer. I have tried everything...and I mean everything. If it’s available in any of my supermarkets I’ve tried it and poured it down the drain. Silk is the only thing that mimics half and half, imo of course. But since I’m the one drinking the coffee, mine is the only opinion that matters lol. Even my omni husband and son were using it. Now that supply is scarce I have resorted to buying them dairy creamer because I need to save the soy creamer for me. 😁

Reactions: shyvas
I use vanilla flavored or plain soy milk. Cause that is what is in the frig.

I drink anywhere between 5 to 8 cups of coffee a day. No milk. As the Turkish people say, "hot as hell, dark as night and sweet as love".

Reactions: KLS52
HI all, I don’t drink coffee too often as have been medically advised to avoid caffeine. I usually drink decaf tea with soya milk (this is my go to drink) but as I’m sure people have experienced soya milk curdles in coffee. I use oat milk when I have the occasional “naughty” coffee. It works really well.

I usually drink black.

However, I like a kind of "Moccachino" once in a while. I use Alpro soy drink then. That's the only milk I like in coffee. Must be this brand and must be soy. Plus it has to be lots of milk (I heat it up in the microwave before pouring it into the coffee).

I've got this cool little single cup pour over coffee maker. but it takes so long to flow through, the coffee is just right for drinking plain. but not hot enough to add milk. If I want to add milk I heat it up in the microwave first. and then I might as well use my little Frother and have a latte.

I have heard people complain about soy milk curdling but I've never had that problem. Maybe I need to pay more attention.

Reactions: 1956
I've got this cool little single cup pour over coffee maker. but it takes so long to flow through, the coffee is just right for drinking plain. but not hot enough to add milk. If I want to add milk I heat it up in the microwave first. and then I might as well use my little Frother and have a latte.

I have heard people complain about soy milk curdling but I've never had that problem. Maybe I need to pay more attention.
The curdling problem has to do with the temperature of the soy milk in relation to the coffee - when you heat the soy it usually doesn’t curdle. What kind of frother do you have @Lou ? I have a little battery operated one which works great!

I have Never had iced coffee!
Oh, it can be a real treat. I like it pretty strong, so I put only a dash of almond milk in it. If I do the cold brew, though, I drink that black. It's just too good without a thing in it. I have a cold brew maker, and I use it all summer. Nothing like fresh iced coffee. :)

The curdling problem has to do with the temperature of the soy milk in relation to the coffee - when you heat the soy it usually doesn’t curdle. What kind of frother do you have @Lou ? I have a little battery operated one which works great!
Me too.
$10

So for the longest time every time I went to the store I bought 3 half gallons of milk. Plain soy, vanilla soy, and chocolate.

Since the lock down the supply of soy had become very iffy. And sometime I can't find any vanilla or chocolate. Plus the cost of a half gallon has increased by something like 30%.

So I've been branching out. Silk makes Next Milk and it's not as nutritious as soy but it's cheaper. Sometimes I get Oat Milk. I usually skip almond because it is the least nutritious and there is the whole Bee Thing. But last week I got some sweetened vanilla almond. I've been adding it to my coffee and I Love It. I make a little more than a cup of coffee, then I heat a little more than 1/4 cup of the almond milk and froth it. I can't believe how good it is.

I'm not sure if I just use it for coffee I will use it up fast enough. but I'm going to test that out now.

Reactions: KLS52
I like a organic rice milk in muh coffee,with no added sugar, it has a natural sweetness to it.