Christmas Food & Baking - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok,I have had a strange day... just lets say it did not turn out like I thought it would and feel strange about it all... anyway maybe another Christmas will be better.
:hug:
This is a strange Christmas for us too. Not much celebrating being done with all of the illnesses...myself, daughter and now son in law. And my sister's disability will make it the first year she will not be at the family gathering at my cousin's house. So we will not be doing any visiting today. But I am determined to make the best of it and practice what I preach, since it is a religious holiday for me, and focus on that. And, so as not to derail the thread again, I will be back to post whatever I conjure up for myself today. I may be ill but that usually doesn't stop me from eating, haha! I just might tackle some gingerbread if I find a recipe I like. :)

No sympathy needed today, thank you! <3

Last edited:
This is a strange Christmas for us too. Not much celebrating being done with all of the illnesses...myself, daughter and now son in law. And my sister's disability will make it the first year she will not be st the family gathering at my cousin's house. So we will not be doing any visiting today. But I am determined to make the best of it and practice what I preach, since it is a religious holiday for me, and focus on that. And, so as not to derail the thread again, I will be back to post whatever I conjure up for myself today. I may be ill but that usually doesn't usually stop me from eating, haha! I just might tackle some gingerbread if I find a recipe I like. :)

HUGS anyway to you!

Can someone explain why he was eating the cheesecake today when it was meant to be for Christmas day?! There is still some left for him tomorrow.:p
Maybe he's part Scandinavian? (Christmas Eve is the big day for us.)
Yes, it looks like IS will be in the dog house.:p
I'm already in the dog house! Or should that be madhouse? Both the SIL dogs are here now, and I'm "sleeping" in the basement while a thousand-man march is moving across the squeeky floor above me ...!

Reactions: KLS52
Holy crap, I'm done cooking!! :jump: I'll just post one pic each of the completed stuff, not the "making of"....

Average green bean casserole:
GreenBeanCass..jpg

Creamy, chivey mashed Yukon Gold potatoes & roasted garlic gravy:
Taters&Gravy.jpg

Spinach-artichoke dip cups:
SpinArtDipCups.jpg

And of course, Jerry's red velvet cupcakes:
Cupcake4.jpg

And now I'm gonna tidy up a touch (I'm still leaving a sink full of soapy dishes, lol), get everything set to take to Jerry's, and hopefully hit the road very shortly.... I want beer & movies & beasties! :D

Last edited:
^ Looks like quite a feast you have made there, MadamS :) . All of it looks delicious. :)

^ Looks like quite a feast you have made there, MadamS :) . All of it looks delicious. :)
Just waiting for the casserole to cool a little more, don't want any condensation on those crispy onions. My din-din (much later tonight) will most likely consist of a couple huge scoops each of the mashed taters and casserole, all drizzled with gravy, and a couple flaky dip-cups on the side. Crap, maybe I should bring an extra bottle of water with me.... the thirst will definitely ensue from so much sodium. I'm getting thirsty just thinking about it.... LOL :confused:

Mmmm, bad-for-me food! :D

Reactions: Freesia
This is a strange Christmas for us too. Not much celebrating being done with all of the illnesses...myself, daughter and now son in law. And my sister's disability will make it the first year she will not be at the family gathering at my cousin's house. So we will not be doing any visiting today. But I am determined to make the best of it and practice what I preach, since it is a religious holiday for me, and focus on that. And, so as not to derail the thread again, I will be back to post whatever I conjure up for myself today. I may be ill but that usually doesn't stop me from eating, haha! I just might tackle some gingerbread if I find a recipe I like. :)

Yes, things have been hard for my family over the last few years... I guess that shows up at times like Christmas.

Got really stressed yesterday too and drank too much wine now I have a headache...

So have the stew today, might have it for both lunch and dinner, with the pesto of course.

I hope you like the look of it. A bit plain, and i forgot to put hashtags on it, cant edit it either as its edit buttons are not working... anyway it tastes good.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Just waiting for the casserole to cool a little more, don't want any condensation on those crispy onions. My din-din (much later tonight) will most likely consist of a couple huge scoops each of the mashed taters and casserole, all drizzled with gravy, and a couple flaky dip-cups on the side. Crap, maybe I should bring an extra bottle of water with me.... the thirst will definitely ensue from so much sodium. I'm getting thirsty just thinking about it.... LOL :confused:

Mmmm, bad-for-me food! :D

I really like the look of the dip cups.. they look awesome :) .

Here is our all gluten free vegan Christmas meal. We ended up having six people all at my Mom's which was really nice. Five women and my partner lol. Miraculously we all got along, no major fights and even my sister behaved. Shreww! The food was incredibly good! Dessert is not shown here. I had made lemon donuts and tropical sweet potato balls (my own recipe) and my sister had made chocolate peanut butter covered potato chips. Everyone made a dish or two for the main meal. We had so much food! My chickpea loaf from Vegan Richa turned out very nice too! Christmas Dinner 2016 III Public.jpg

Here is our all gluten free vegan Christmas meal. We ended up having six people all at my Mom's which was really nice. Five women and my partner lol. Miraculously we all got along, no major fights and even my sister behaved. Shreww! The food was incredibly good! Dessert is not shown here. I had made lemon donuts and tropical sweet potato balls (my own recipe) and my sister had made chocolate peanut butter covered potato chips. Everyone made a dish or two for the main meal. We had so much food! My chickpea loaf from Vegan Richa turned out very nice too! View attachment 10626
Very nice! So much food means leftovers...that's s good thing!

I hope you like the look of it. A bit plain, and i forgot to put hashtags on it, cant edit it either as its edit buttons are not working... anyway it tastes good.
It looks delicious...I love stews.

I'm making sticky seitan sausages with apples and cranberries with a mustard/maple syrup glaze which are roasting in the oven. Potatoes boulangère and sweet potatoes. An organic lamb's lettuce salad with sliced avocado with vinaigrette and walnuts.
A sticky toffee pudding with custard.

My Shepherd's Pie yesterday was really great. And I made sauce from scratch! And it became so good. I used maizenna, rice milk (haven't made my own from oats yet. :p ), vegan butter, color thingy and a lot of peppar. So I can make sauce from scratch now! :D

I'm almoust empty of the food I made on the 23rd. As it has been really great brekkie / lunch / supper.

Today it's leftovers. I'm a big fan of leftovers! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.