Christmas Food & Baking - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've changed my mind about what I'm making.:D

Christmas Eve dinner tonight - I'm making mac and cheeze with vegan sausages and peas. White wine.

Christmas day lunch - Broccoli cheeze soup with bread.

Christmas day dinner (around 6pm) - Nut roast, roast potatoes, parsnips and carrots, vegan sausage rolls, stuffing and gravy. Champagne and fruit juice to drink.

My husband didn't want the chocolate tarts so I bought him a cheesecake and we are both having ice cream and I'm just having it with fresh fruit for dessert.

Can someone explain why he was eating the cheesecake today when it was meant to be for Christmas day?! There is still some left for him tomorrow.:p

I've changed my mind about what I'm making.:D

Christmas Eve dinner tonight - I'm making mac and cheeze with vegan sausages and peas. White wine.

Christmas day lunch - Broccoli cheeze soup with bread.

Christmas day dinner (around 6pm) - Nut roast, roast potatoes, parsnips and carrots, vegan sausage rolls, stuffing and gravy. Champagne and fruit juice to drink.

My husband didn't want the chocolate tarts so I bought him a cheesecake and we are both having ice cream and I'm just having it with fresh fruit for dessert.

Can someone explain why he was eating the cheesecake today when it was meant to be for Christmas day?! There is still some left for him tomorrow.:p
That sounds so good! It makes me want to hop a plane and come over! Well, almost!

That's putting it mildly (whine, whine) but I think I turned a corner and feeling a bit better. Some kind of virus, going on day 8. My eye is pretty bothersome but I'm hoping the drops start to work soon...it's been 24 hours and the doctor assured me it would feel better.

Aaww poor you. I hope that you are looking after that eye and getting lots of rest.

Well, I didn't even accomplish half of what I wanted to yesterday.... and I just ain't feelin' the love for a lot of kitchen time today. :brood: Oh, well... better suck it up & get movin... too much to do.

Like a genius, I hauled the cupcakes to Jer's in my largest two-handled pot... the one I was going to boil potatoes in. :fp:

I dunno, I'll figure something out.... christ, I don't wanna do any of this sh*t today. **grumble** :pout:

I understand where you are coming from KLS.. I have a mouth ulcer and cuts all over my hands and the dermatitis is worse today and I will again have my hands in water multiple times. Even though I am in an ok mood today it will be good to rest my hands tomorrow.

Christmas dinner 2016.jpg

smalllll.jpg

smal.jpg

Nut roast served with gravy, cranberry compote, roast maple flavoured parsnips, roast potatoes, mustard carrots and brussels.

Christmas pudding with brandy butter and custard for dessert.

A glass of Californian Chardonnay.

I couldn't flame the pudding. Where does one get a flame nowadays ? :p

Wow, that all looks amazing :) . The pudding... wish I had some :) .

The nut roast and gravy/veg looks really awesome too, wish I had the time to make one of those this year.

My baking lineup, most will be given as gifts. This is going to be an all day baking marathon. :D

Cinnamon rolls with cherry filling, and glaze for the ones being shipped, cream cheese frosting for local people.
Almond Brittle. First time making this, hope it comes out okay, especially since I don't have a candy thermometer.
Double chocolate bark with raisin, almonds, and coffee beans.
Molasses cookies.
Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.
Soft iced lemon cookies.
Banana bread.
Pumpkin scones.
Rugelach.
Sugar cookies if I have enough time.
Pfeffernuesse if I have enough almonds left.
Double chocolate scones if I have enough energy left. :p

I felt better late this afternoon and made cookies! They're not pretty but It made me happy. Butter cookies made with vegan margarine and oatmeal cookies, half with raisins and toasted coconut and the other half with vegan butterscotch chips from Vegan Essentials.
IMG_1591.JPG

Ugh...it won't post the oatmeal cookies. Oh well.

Last edited:
Jen made seitan with thick gravy, green bean casserole, stuffing, biscuits (the American kind ...) and sweet potato mash. It was pretty much perfect.

We just had some cherry-flavoured ice cream with chocolate bits for dessert. Not my favourite at all.

Ok,I have had a strange day... just lets say it did not turn out like I thought it would and feel strange about it all... anyway maybe another Christmas will be better.

What I did like was my stew... it is pretty much as I wanted it to be though I think I undersalted it... anyway tomorrow I will do a photoshoot and post it here.

If you want to know what is in the stew... Onions, shallots, garlic, celery, potato, sweet potato, brown lentils, button mushrooms, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, pine nuts, walnuts, salt and pepper..

also had pesto I made alongside it which I kind of spread across the stew...

for dessert I had a berry fruit salad which was so good, the berries had very good flavours.

Also ate a whole lot of other stuff like chips, guacamole, and heaps of wine.

All the food on here sounds lovely.:)

The mac'n cheeze dinner I made last night was delicious, I'm tempted to make that again today!:p

Jen made seitan with thick gravy, green bean casserole, stuffing, biscuits (the American kind ...) and sweet potato mash. It was pretty much perfect.

We just had some cherry-flavoured ice cream with chocolate bits for dessert. Not my favourite at all.

Let's hope she doesn't read your review of the dessert, if it was homemade.:D

Reactions: Freesia and KLS52
All the food on here sounds lovely.:)

The mac'n cheeze dinner I made last night was delicious, I'm tempted to make that again today!:p

Let's hope she doesn't read your review of the dessert, if it was homemade.:D

Yes, it looks like IS will be in the dog house.:p

I was hoping to spend a relaxing day today. However, I will have to cook as I have guests over for Boxing Day lunch. I'm going to make seitan bangers, a potato, sweet potato and onion bake. A tossed salad plus a sticky toffee pudding for dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.