Christmas Food & Baking - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad they turned out so well. I have had thoughts about making artichoke dip for a while. Perhaps one day when I get more kitchen space.

Glad they turned out so well. I have had thoughts about making artichoke dip for a while. Perhaps one day when I get more kitchen space.
It was really easy.... I just dumped everything in the food processor. I think the most difficult part was trying to get the crescent roll tubes to pop open. LOL

I'm gonna have to make more of those soon... maybe a slightly healthier version. :rolleyes:

Reactions: KLS52 and Freesia
Maybe I should buy some artichoke hearts and dump them in a casserole. would be nice to have them again.

It was really easy.... I just dumped everything in the food processor. I think the most difficult part was trying to get the crescent roll tubes to pop open. LOL

I'm gonna have to make more of those soon... maybe a slightly healthier version. :rolleyes:
I just made a stop for California olive ranch olive oil ($5.99-good price?) and checked out organic crescent rolls. They were like $3.50 Organic Crescent Rolls | Immaculate Baking Company Organic Crescent Rolls
Look at that! A $1.00 off coupon on their site! :yes: I may go back! They look great

I made walnut rugelach and really wish I'd thought it out better. Very sweet, and I used egg.
I made a nut roll two xmas's ago but with a sweetened yeast dough rolled very thin, and the walnuts had little sugar. That was very good!
I use a lot of walnuts...

Reactions: Freesia
I just made a stop for California olive ranch olive oil ($5.99-good price?) and checked out organic crescent rolls. They were like $3.50 Organic Crescent Rolls | Immaculate Baking Company Organic Crescent Rolls
Look at that! A $1.00 off coupon on their site! :yes: I may go back! They look great
Oh, those sound much better than the ones I bought. I have Immaculate organic flour.... I'll keep my eyes peeled for the rolls.

And yeah, that's a very good price for good evoo. That's the brand we get, too! Tasty stuff! :up: In fact, I've got a coupon to use by the 15th.... $2.00-off! :)

Just checked Kroger's site for rolls.... no dice. But Meijer's got 'em! :D

I believe I got the idea from you in the thread about olive oils containing olive oil. I got the 'rich and robust'.
Ooh, I checked online for coupons but didn't find any.

I believe I got the idea from you in the thread about olive oils containing olive oil. I got the 'rich and robust'.
Ooh, I checked online for coupons but didn't find any.
Hey, glad I could help! And thank YOU for the heads-up on the better-for-me crescent rolls! :yes:

I made walnut rugelach and really wish I'd thought it out better. Very sweet, and I used egg.
I made a nut roll two xmas's ago but with a sweetened yeast dough rolled very thin, and the walnuts had little sugar. That was very good!
I use a lot of walnuts...

My stew was full of walnut pieces and pine nuts :) . As was the pesto :) .

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
My meal was awesome as well, and my dad and I shared the vegan sausages, which he loved. He has requested more. :) Everyone loved my gingerbread (which we had on Christmas Eve) and my apple pie. They also loved the squash-apple bake. :) And I have leftovers, weeeeeee!

My meal was awesome as well, and my dad and I shared the vegan sausages, which he loved. He has requested more. :) Everyone loved my gingerbread (which we had on Christmas Eve) and my apple pie. They also loved the squash-apple bake. :) And I have leftovers, weeeeeee!

Perhaps you should start a baking company from home. ;)

I am not surprised by that, I'm sure it was all awesome :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.