Christmas Countdown - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the decorations, Poppy!

I have not baked one single cookie this year. For all if the “spirit of the season” I have had since November, I’ve been physically exhausted and have no energy or time for baking/cooking. I did make a batch of peanut butter balls that need to be dipped in chocolate and I’m hoping to do some “butter” cookies either tonight or early in the morning. I’m going to keep them simple...some with jam and some with sprinkles...no long ones with chocolate dipped ends as it is too time consuming, especially since I have to do the PB balls.

I’m not making anything fancy for dinner, for myself, either. I have leftover nut roast in the freezer from thanksgiving. I’ll make some roasted BN squash and sweet potatoes for the family and mashed potatoes.

Reactions: Val
I bought a bag of Dandies marshmallows and I have Rice Krispies...I think I’ll make some RK treats!

I now have really bad heartburn from skipping dinner and eating RK treats and cookies. :fp: :yuck:

48414974_1282937335179322_5923950079571394560_n.jpg

For those of you who don’t particularly like Christmas and are glad it’s over...saw this on FB...the demise of Santa. :lol:

D80E3427-BD63-4AFB-B63C-2FA7E7B39274.jpeg C07B3371-2E22-4811-97E1-DE56DFAD0BEE.jpeg 51649FB5-C089-402C-ABD5-8082C6C93B52.jpeg

^^^ I LOVE Christmas!... I just wish it wasn't so commercialized. It doesn't bother me at all if nobody gets me anything- it's all about spirit, good will/charity, family, and fellowship.

But on a related note... a day or two after our office party, someone put out gingerbread people. Each time I went by, they were missing another arm, leg, head, etc.... and all I could think of was those old "Mr Bill" skits on Saturday Night Live. I should have written a note saying "OHHH, NOOOOOOOO!!!!"....

Reactions: Val
^^^ I LOVE Christmas!... I just wish it wasn't so commercialized. It doesn't bother me at all if nobody gets me anything- it's all about spirit, good will/charity, family, and fellowship.

But on a related note... a day or two after our office party, someone put out gingerbread people. Each time I went by, they were missing another arm, leg, head, etc.... and all I could think of was those old "Mr Bill" skits on Saturday Night Live. I should have written a note saying "OHHH, NOOOOOOOO!!!!"....
LOL!! I, too, wish Christmas weren't so commercialized. I do love getting together with family and friends, and giving to charity when I can. I couldn't do my usual giving on account of getting laid off from my job, but I still managed to donate a toy or two to the Toys for Tots program. I hope next year (when I'm gainfully employed!) that I can give a lot more. I like to give educational toys and games, things that foster family participation. Some of my fondest childhood memories revolve around game nights I had with my family and friends.

Reactions: Amy SF and Val
Status
Not open for further replies.