Christmas Countdown - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that looks amazing. Maybe I’ll give it a try, too. I’ve been in a real food slump. I need some motivation to try out some good recipes. I’m getting really tired of tofu scrambles, lentils/beans and rice, and pasta.

Thank you. Even the omnis went for second helpings. I must say that JO's gravy takes the roast to a different dimension. You can make a huge batch and freeze it in small plastic bags or other. I hate using plastic !!

I have just bought the nuts which were on sale at Lidl's. 5 € for two bags ; mixed nuts and unsalted cashews.

Reactions: Val and KLS52
Christmas will probably be in Orsa, Dalarna where my wife's parents live.
serveimage

Now I'm vegan, I'll have to do a little more preparation to help with the cooking. I may get some vegan schnitzel for the main meal on Christmas Eve. We'll see. Just working it all out in my head at the moment.

@shyvas, that nut roast looks amazing. Can it be reheated in a microwave? I usually go to my sister's place for holidays and I want to bring something everyone would like and which would also be easy to transport/reheat. Also, what's JO's gravy?

@shyvas, that nut roast looks amazing. Can it be reheated in a microwave? I usually go to my sister's place for holidays and I want to bring something everyone would like and which would also be easy to transport/reheat. Also, what's JO's gravy?

I always reheat it in the microwave. You just need to moisten it with a little stock first. JO = Jamie Oliver. I have poste the link for the recipe.

Christmas is the time of year where consumers spend the most. It's the period where people buy expensive food, drinks and presents plus train/airplane tickets to travel to visit family and friends.

It certainly is the only period where I spend a large amount of money despite trying to be savvy like making homemade food and sweets/chocolates and buying gifts that are on sale.

Christmas Spending Statistics 2018, Trends, Fun Facts (US & UK)

Reactions: Val and KLS52
I am so looking forward to the traditional Lucia concerts here in Sweden. They are very very beautiful!
serveimage

Last edited:
Reactions: Val and shyvas
Status
Not open for further replies.