$2.39
Shipping
$0.00
Taxes
$0.15
Total
$2.54 USD

Thanks for your order!

With our debut this summer, CO2COA is experiencing ‘the heat’ – both from passionate chocolate lovers and the high temperatures across the country.

Our team at CO2COA would love to tell you a little bit more about the packaging that ensures your chocolate arrives in optimal condition during hot weather. With full transparency, it is a temporary solution for limited edition, and we will make our packaging smarter as we go.

The paper materials, and cooler, in your box are plant-based and can be recycled. We appreciate your efforts to recycle or re-use all the materials included in your package. A fun tip, pop the ice packs back in the freezer and reuse them to keep ‘cool’ this summer.

Can you take a picture of the packaging.

Well, I’m not impressed…at all. And I knew it would be small but it came in this fairly large box, for the size of it anyway, but I get it was because of keeping it from melting.

Somehow I missed that this was made with cow dna…😳🤢😫
That’s what I get for not reading the article. I would never have ordered it. It’s in the trash.

@KLS52 I'm sorry about that. I was thinking I would have eaten it anyway, since it was already ordered and I couldn't return it... but maybe you were concerned about consuming genetically-engineered food, not just exploiting cows?

At least it wasn't very expensive.

Somehow I missed that this was made with cow dna…😳🤢😫
That’s what I get for not reading the article. I would never have ordered it. It’s in the trash.
Once the cow DNA has been extracted, it doesn't have to be extracted again. The cow DNA was inserted into the DNA of microfungi, such that these microfungi produce actual dairy milk proteins (but without the further use of dairy animals).

Per the Vegetarian Resource Group (vrg.org), in the United States, over 90% of commercially-made cheese is made using curdling enzymes that are produced by genetically-modified microbes (rather than from calf stomach rennet): The Vegetarian Resource Group Blog . This "microbially produced chymosin" was the very first genetically-modified food product to ever be patented (year 1990): US5139943A - Processes for the recovery of microbially produced chymosin - Google Patents

Last edited:
Yeah…for some reason it grosses me out.

@KLS52 I'm sorry about that. I was thinking I would have eaten it anyway, since it was already ordered and I couldn't return it... but maybe you were concerned about consuming genetically-engineered food, not just exploiting cows?

At least it wasn't very expensive.
I don’t think it was a cow issue. I really didn’t like the taste. So wasted calories. And the whole dna thing just grosses me out for some reason.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Tom L.

So this just in, a vegan Snickers bar and Milky Way Bar. Made with lab created whey.

Got me to thinking, how hard could it be to veganize snickers. I would think you could do it without resorting to lab created ingredients. I think Mars already makes a dark chocolate snickers. Start with that. A snickers is just nougat, Carmel, peanuts and chocolate. The only thing that has to have dairy is the chocolate. And it's just a thin layer - certainly there are plenty of suitable vegan options. There should be vegan snicker bars already.

Well after a search I fount that UnReal foods does have a dark chocolate snickers - which is vegan. I've had some of the other Unreal chocolate candies and liked them. just a little expensive but not too bad.

These Woo bars, the aforementioned lab created whey containing snickers knock off, are also to be a healthier alternative.

Milky ways bars don't really need milk either except for the chocolate. So again there should be vegan versions. And there are. Go Max Go, and a company called No Whey, both make vegan versions without resorting to lab created whey.

So this just in, a vegan Snickers bar and Milky Way Bar. Made with lab created whey.

Got me to thinking, how hard could it be to veganize snickers. I would think you could do it without resorting to lab created ingredients. I think Mars already makes a dark chocolate snickers. Start with that. A snickers is just nougat, Carmel, peanuts and chocolate. The only thing that has to have dairy is the chocolate. And it's just a thin layer - certainly there are plenty of suitable vegan options. There should be vegan snicker bars already.

Well after a search I fount that UnReal foods does have a dark chocolate snickers - which is vegan. I've had some of the other Unreal chocolate candies and liked them. just a little expensive but not too bad.

These Woo bars, the aforementioned lab created whey containing snickers knock off, are also to be a healthier alternative.

Milky ways bars don't really need milk either except for the chocolate. So again there should be vegan versions. And there are. Go Max Go, and a company called No Whey, both make vegan versions without resorting to lab created whey.
I was not a fan of Snickers but I've made these and they are very very good!
I must have used a different recipe though--I remember calling for maca powder as an optional ingredient

What I really did like is Payday!

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
Do people not like chocolate in coffee? There's a real lack of plain chocolate creamere--they all have something else added, like choco caramel, or peppermint.
I do like chocolate almond milk in iced coffee, but never buy it cause I don't use it fast enough

Do people not like chocolate in coffee? There's a real lack of plain chocolate creamere--they all have something else added, like choco caramel, or peppermint.
I do like chocolate almond milk in iced coffee, but never buy it cause I don't use it fast enough
I've never tried it. I think I will and let you know

Would chocolate in coffee be like mocha? On the rare occasion that I get Starbucks, it’s usually a mocha latte or Frappuccino. I like it.

I think I like coffee in chocolate more than chocolate in coffee. Lol.

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
Would chocolate in coffee be like mocha? On the rare occasion that I get Starbucks, it’s usually a mocha latte or Frappuccino. I like it.

I think I like coffee in chocolate more than chocolate in coffee. Lol.
Yeah, mocha. Even when I used dairy just a plain chocolate creamer was a rare find.
I've tried adding cocoa to the grounds--that isn't good
I will sometimes make a chocolate syrup just cooked cocoa & sugar in water. Last time I did that it somehow didn't turn out right
I think I may get a carton of Aldi chocolate almond milk and add some instant coffee dissolved in water
Chocolate is the only flavor I like added to coffee.

My favorite starbucks was a white chocolate mocha with whipped creme on top

I think I may get a carton of Aldi chocolate almond milk and add some instant coffee dissolved in water
Chocolate is the only flavor I like added to coffee.
oh! I used to do something like that. I didn't bother with the water. Just added the instant coffee to the hot chocolate milk.

Reactions: KLS52