Chicken eggs

My question is if i hyperthetically had the sanctuary size land and i had just chickens and they where all laying eggs free will and just leaving them around as there not fertalized they just leave them

And i was to eat them would that be vegan?

No, it is not vegan. By definition. I've seen these debates a lot and most vegans agree.

Reactions: Emma JC
I am not quite sure where this thought is coming from... it is not a chicken's life purpose any more than it is any animal's life purpose. Lots of animals lay eggs. It is part of procreation, yes, not for our consumption, as you point out.

It does just show us how brainwashed we have become to accept a statement like that as somewhat factual.

(not dissing SaveTheIce just the sentence)

Emma JC
Repopulating is for the most part an animal's purpose. Of course, there are other things here and there but it's the main point. A chicken lays eggs and cares for them. It is part of their purpose. They have the want and need to do so. It's in their programming. Just like us humans have to urge to date someone and have children (at least most of us) chickens feel the need to have eggs and raise young. So to take the eggs would indeed be interfering with their purpose. It's part of mother nature making sure the species keeps themselves going.

A family member of mine runs a farm and what I've noticed about the chickens is that they care for the eggs fertilized or not. Some chickens even lay in a nest like they have eggs even when they don't! The urge is there. It's a part of their life cycle. I'm sorry you mistook this is a false claim. Perhaps I should have gone into more depth.

I'm also aware that human interference has probably caused chicken's lives to be different than nature had for them originally but I'm referring to modern, domesticated, chickens and how they behave now.

Last edited:
@SaveTheIce

Ha. I have been reading your name as if the capital I was a lower case l. And wondering who the heck is Thelce. And why she needed saving.
Now I know its a climate change program. Or I suppose it could be a label on a box of perishables that are delivered to your door.

• Haha
Reactions: Emma JC
@SaveTheIce

Ha. I have been reading your name as if the capital I was a lower case l. And wondering who the heck is Thelce. And why she needed saving.
Now I know its a climate change program. Or I suppose it could be a label on a box of perishables that are delivered to your door.
Hehe, yes it is a bit of a downside that typing an uppercase i looks like a l. I'm not with an organization or anything. I just needed to come up with an account theme really quickly and thought this seemed pretty appropriate. Now that I think about it, it does look very much like an organization name.

Reactions: Lou
Or, as you intended, a catchy slogan.
Too bad the default font of the forum is sans serif.

Tell your friend Thelce that she is in my thoughts and prayers.

Reactions: SaveTheIce