Cheap and Easy

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Ha. I'm always calling Rose's Website Cheap and Easy in stead of Cheap and Lazy. It just occrued to me that Cheap and Easy has some negative connationas.

I found this recipe in an article called 47 Cheap and easy Three Ingredient Meals From Trader Joes. I didn't read the article - just skimmed it and this is the only vegan one I found.

Chicken-Less Mandarin Orange Fried Rice

Ingredients: Japanese-Style Fried Rice + Chicken-Less Mandarin Orange Morsels

• How to make it: Heat the mandarin orange morsels in a skillet according to package directions, then add the fried rice and cook in the same pan according to package directions. Toss everything in the mandarin orange sauce (included).

• TJ's tip: Add some additional veggies or furikake Japanese all-purpose seasoning.

• Haha
Reactions: silva
What are 'orange morsels'?
I have TJ's Furitake seasoning and only used it once. It is the flavor of TJ's Japanese fried rice

What are 'orange morsels'?

Chicken-less Mandarin Orange Morsels | Trader Joe's

www.traderjoes.com › digin › post › chickenless-mand...

This Chicken-less version, of course, includes that beloved sauce that's sweet, a little spicy, and perfectly complements the meaty-tasting Morsels. Cook according to the directions on the package, and then serve with noodles or rice and your favorite green veggies for a complete, easy, meat-free meal.

Unknown.jpeg

Ingredients:Soy Flakes, orange sauce (sugar, water, soy sauce [water, soybeans, wheat, salt, alcohol], orange juice concentrate, distilled vinegar, caramelized sugar, sake [water, rice, salt], cornstarch, garlic puree [garlic, citric acid], ginger puree [ginger, citric acid], soybean oil, red pepper), water, expeller pressed canola oil, breading (wheat flour, rice flour, cornstarch, sugar, garlic powder, salt, spice, leavening [sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, monocalcium phosphate]), natural flavors, methyl cellulose, potato starch.

I had those once, wasn't impressed.
I do love the Gardien porkless bites. They come with a sweet/sour packet thats kinda citrusy I think.

• Informative
Reactions: Lou