Cerenia for dogs and cats

KLS52

Love Is A Verb
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Does anyone have any experience with using this medication for their dog or cat? It's approved for dogs only for nausea, but apparently is used off label for cats as well and many vets are having really good results with it for other ailments as well:

"Cerenia is labeled only for treatment of nausea and vomiting, but can potentially be used extra-label for pain, inflammation, GI disturbances, allergies and immune diseases, bladder inflammation, CNS and spinal cord injury, and mast cell diseases."

Bogart has been really congested since Saturday. He is already on steroids and antibiotic and has been for three weeks now. The vet wants me to try this and I think I want to but I'm a little bit nervous about it.

Anyone have any thoughts? It doesn't appear to have any really bad side effects so it might be worth a shot.

Here's more on the drug if anyone is interested: http://thelearningvet.wordpress.com/2011/02/05/what-i-couldnt-live-without-cerenia/

I'm sorry, but I have no experience with it. It does sound as though it may be worth a shot.

Reactions: KLS52