Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have changed up my morning smoothie, the last couple of days. I ran out of greens powder and so decided to use up the fresh greens in the fridge and also decided to incorporate wakame into the smoothie as I am finding it challenging to add it regularly to other foods. So I put about a teaspoon of dried wakame in the bullet and spin it up then add my frozen berries, flax meal, peanut butter powder, two handfuls of mixed greens, a banana and almond milk. It makes it a bit chewy, adding the wakame and the greens, but that is good as it goes in slower and I chew it a bit. Also like getting iodine and other minerals and the bit of saltiness makes it easier to stay satisfied until lunch.

Emma JC

I'm hungry today, so ive aalready had a serving of lasange and a chipotle bean burger.

Reactions: Val
Breakfast: Whole wheat bread with MightyMite yeast spread. MightyMite
tastes better than Vegemite imo, is cheaper and also Aussie
owned. Happy to plug it on these reasons.

This morning's fare:

Whole wheat bread with MightyMite yeast spread
* A fistful of raw barley seeds blended with pineapple and raw sugar
Homemade hash browns spiced with salt and a little sage.

* May seem unusual but I do this for a reason. Barley seeds are especially nutritious and when sprouted they attenuate alcoholic fatty liver
https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/8/7/440/htm

Anyone who has read my past posts/followed me for a while knows alcohol is an issue for me. I have cut down by reducing the alcohol percentage in the beer that I drink but it does catch up to me after a while. I've found that barley in it's whole form (even raw/unsprouted) helps a lot.
When I finally kick/reduce alcohol even more I think I may continue this habit. If I feel better just eating raw/sometimes sprouted barley to combat the ill effects of alcohol, I can't imagine how I'd feel consuming it while not drinking at all.

To start, coffee with tahini/banana milk and raw sugar

A shake: Sprouted barley, blueberries and raw sugar, blended

Sourdough bread with MightyMite, tofu, broccoli and lettuce

Brunch was sandwiches on sourdough: Filling of homemade fries, tomato, lettuce, pickle, salt. I also had some black bean scramble mixed with the spices I often use (sage,rosemary,cumin, salt,pepper) and also with sauteed mushroom. I had enough to cover the entire morning up to mid afternoon.

Now that the weather has turned bad I am back to going to the gym every morning. My gym is (literally) next door to a Subway. I had the (vegan version) veggie delite and a cup of coffee for breakfast.

:heart: to Subway. They lowered the price of the veggie delite. Although it is still the same price as the ham and cheese (but no ham and cheese). At least it doesn't cost more.

Status
Not open for further replies.